- Trenton, NJ
Our client, a vertically integrated Cannabis operator, is looking for an experienced Security Manager for their operations in Western New Jersey.
The company is looking to build a world class team of people who are inspired by their vision, and looking to take a leadership role within the cannabis industry in a socially responsible manner.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Security Manager is responsible for managing a team of security officers and supporting the security program for the offices, greenhouses, manufacturing, lab, and distribution warehouses. This includes physical security, fire and life safety, alarm response, access control, visitor’s control, CCTV, etc.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide effective security to include protection, physical security, life/safety response, alarm response, access control, visitor control, CCTV, etc
- Develop action plans with partners to ensure execution and follow up of physical security gaps
- Mitigating security risk through preparedness and response
- Hire, train and maintain a 24 hour security team.
- Conduct physical building security risk assessments, surveys, and physical penetration testing
- All functions related to security, fire safety and emergency action plans
- Lead efforts on the development and delivery of emergency response programs
- Develop tailored training and awareness materials for employees as directed
- Identify and maintain exceptional third party vendors
- Ensure that life safety systems and related equipment are fully functional
- Lead fire/life safety efforts on behalf of the organization
- Maintain compliance and records as required by jurisdiction and code
- Provide/coordinate all emergency response training
- Responsible to ensure security personnel are trained and certified to effectively respond to emergencies
- Must be able to provide clear direction, information and assistance to all associates, guests and visitors
- Identify and recruit top talent for guard teams and organizational security staff.
- Foster effective internal and external communication through regular statuses with team and partners
- Integrate and maintain relationships with local law enforcement, fire department and all other emergency services.
Education and Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years of security/life safety experience at a leadership level
- Former military/law enforcement/fire department/leader level a plus
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills, strong personal, professional ethics, and integrity
- Must be able to respond appropriately during crisis events and be willing to travel as directed for assignment and be willing to work off hours and weekends as/if needed.
- Position requires strong written and oral communication skills as well as strong analytical and time management skills.
- Strong technical skills (MS Office Suite) and email communication
Compensation: Compensation based on experience.
Benefits: Health Benefits Included
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. ind-123
Thursday, November 14, 2019
$70-90K Based on Experience