Affinity - Security Specialist Part-time (Boston)
- Boston, MA
Affinity: Security Specialist- Full-time or Part-time Available
WEEKENDS REQUIRED - Must have flexibility to work weekend hours! Must be within the Boston area and have access to public transportation!
Do you have a background in security or law enforcement? Are you looking to bring that expertise to a dynamic start-up company? If you’re someone who is excited about contributing your expertise to this growing industry, then we should talk!
Affinity is a fully vertically integrated Massachusetts Marijuana company anticipating both Medical and Adult Use offerings. We are looking for Security Specialists to help coordinate and oversee security in our Boston dispensary.
The ideal candidates have a strong background in security and/or law enforcement. Our team comprises individuals who are outstanding in their profession and are committed to delivering differentiated and superior results in an increasingly popular market. Our team loves working together and is determined to find teammates they can respect, trust, and enjoy working with.
The Security Specialist works within the security team to implement security policies and procedures for our Boston dispensary, providing necessary assistance and support, and maintaining an optimally safe environment for staff and visitors at our site. The Security Specialist acts as a visible resource for the responsible and secure operation of the premises, interacting with staff and visitors in a positive manner, while maintaining compliance with company rules of conduct, local regulations, and state law.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
Salary: $19.00 to $22.00 per hour
Essential Job Functions
- Perform activities relating to the protection, safeguarding, and security of company assets, employees, guests, and others
- Responsible for training Boston personnel on the various emergency and response situations
- Verify identification including required documentation of facility agents, patients, caregivers, and visitors, before allowing entry to the premises.
- Control access to premises, check licensed agents in/out of facility issuing and storing Agent Registry ID Cards.
- Manage assigned posts and/or conduct routine foot patrols of facility and property
- Maintain clear and open communication with other staff members and management, alerting security management of any suspicious activity or potential threats
- Always communicate with sensitivity and respect for patients, staff and visitors
- Assist and escort patients with special needs as requested, including assistance in and out of vehicles
- Be knowledgeable of all applicable laws and regulations
- Enforce policies and procedures of the company
- Assist in the training of new security hires, and inform other staff of security procedures and policies
- Watch for safety and fire hazards and other related situations, resolve any unsafe conditions in and around the facility
- Investigate and take the appropriate lawful actions on accidents, incidents, trespassing, suspicious activity, safety, and fire
- Work closely with the Director of Security to make sure that all compliance requirements concerning video, record keeping, reporting, and storage compliance are met perfectly
- Coordinate with local law enforcement and the Cannabis Control Commission (CCC) to ensure compliance with all state and CCC regulations and all applicable MA General Laws
- Monitor security policies, procedures, systems, and programs to ensure efficient performance
- Assist the Security Director with the maintenance of security-related equipment, including portable radios, exterior lighting, security cameras, door locks and alarms, help perform regular systems checks, as needed.
- Contribute to a dynamic, collaborative, and positive team environment, and culture
- Attend security staff meetings and ongoing training as required
- Check transport Associates in and out upon departure and arrival, including review of trip plans and transport logs
- Complete non-routine light maintenance or special projects as needed (e.g. shoveling, landscaping)
- May move furniture and/or equipment as required
- Other tasks as needed and assigned, or as per changes to the above list
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have valid drivers license
- Two years prior experience in security, law enforcement or related field
- One year or more prior experience in customer service
- Exemplary communication and customer relations skills
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic computer operating skills
- Passion to serve the medical cannabis community and patients with debilitating conditions
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Prior experience working within the medical cannabis industry (preferred)
- Formal training in nonviolent communication, conflict de-escalation and/or assertiveness
Affinity is focused on being best-in-class in all we do. We are selective with our hiring, and as a result have a smart, collaborative, and enthusiastic team. Our approach involves aligning employee skills and interests with company needs and providing great support.
If the above sounds interesting, we’d love to hear from you!
Affinity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, military service or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws. We strongly support diversity and inclusion and are committed to promoting equity throughout our recruiting process and our operations. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Monday, November 2, 2020