Cannabis Production Manager
- Clinton, MA
Affinity: Cannabis Production Manager
Are you someone who enjoys organizing manufacturing teams into spirited, well-oiled, quality-minded machines? Affinity is looking for a production / manufacturing leader, experienced in high-volume production and/or product packaging. If you are ready to bring your production background to America’s hottest industry, we should talk!
Affinity is a fully vertically integrated Massachusetts Medical Marijuana company with our production facility in Clinton, MA, and medical dispensaries in West Springfield and Boston’s South End. We began production during first and second quarters of 2020 and are now looking to refine and drive our processing and packaging efforts. The Cannabis Production Manager will oversee cannabis product drying, curing, trimming, filling vape cartridges, packaging, and preparing all products for sale and shipment.
The ideal candidate will have experience in volume production management, process development and quality control, and excellent communication, collaboration, and supervisory skills. Our team is very talented, close-knit, and likeable, and we intend to hire people with similar attributes. It could be you!
- Contribute significantly to Affinity achieving superior financial returns by delivering top quality products, service, and work environment
- Build a Processing and Packaging Department characterized by organization, discipline, community, and continuously improving results
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all steps in the process including intake, drying, curing, trimming, cart filling, packaging, labeling, and assembling shipments
- Ensure safe, accurate, compliant, and timely production, per Sales and Marketing shipment specifications
- Establish and maintain quality control measures to ensure high-quality products
- Develop and enforce SOPs to ensure safety, quality, and consistent processes
- Make sure Leaf Logix and Metrc always accurately reflect inventory and product status
- Ensure accurate weighing and inventory; all products are packaged, labeled, counted, and sorted accurately
- Maintain packaging inventory to ensure a seamless production schedule
- Understand and maintain compliance with all CCC rules and regulations and handling requirements
- Ensure the Packaging and Processing staff has daily tasks, schedules, and is being efficiently deployed
- Collaborate with the Cultivation and Inventory Teams to schedule harvest personnel, drying schedules, and intake to Cure
- Demonstrate facility in managing physical resources (budgeting, inventories, equipment, materials)
- Develop processes for new products, strains, styles, and forms of cannabis
- Evaluate processes, improve efficiencies, and optimize hourly rates of production
- Other tasks and responsibilities as mutually agreed upon with management
Skills and Abilities:
- 2+ year of working in a commercial cannabis production environment (preferred but not required)
- Strong understanding of cannabis handling including drying, curing, and trimming. (preferred but not required)
- Minimum 4+ year of management experience with a crew of 15+ team members
- Strong people and supervisory skills including mentoring, coaching, performance, motivating and directing staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills; model and maintain positive relationships with coworkers
- Effective and efficient communication in English is essential for communicating with a diverse team
- Excellent time-management and organization skills; able to effectively plan and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- · Knowledge of computer and programs (seed to sale, inventory systems; MS Office Suite programs)
- · Must pass state mandated background check
- Ability to lift 40lbs repeatedly.
- Ability to stand, walk, use your hands, handle, feel, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
Affinity is focused on being best-in-class in all we do. We are selective with our hiring, and as a result have a smart, collaborative, and enthusiastic team. Our approach involves aligning employee skills and interests with company needs and providing great support. We have a very competitive benefits package, with the company paying 80% of the medical insurance premium and 100% of the dental and vision programs.
If the above sounds interesting, we’d love to hear from you!
Affinity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, military service or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws. We strongly support diversity and inclusion and are committed to promoting equity throughout our recruiting process and our operations. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Wednesday, August 5, 2020