Human Resources Coordinator
- Clinton, MA
Affinity: Cannabis Human Resources Coordinator
If you are an up and coming Human Resources professional, and relish being in the middle of fast growth, constant change, and great colleagues, we have a terrific opportunity for you!
Affinity, a licensed, fully vertically integrated Massachusetts Medical Marijuana company, is looking to hire a Human Resources Coordinator. This highly organized, detailed, and collaborative individual will support our HR Manager and our growing organization by ensuring thoughtful and thorough execution of HR and payroll activities and administration of state- and industry-related initiatives and licenses.
The ideal candidate will bring enthusiasm and experience to help Affinity better organize and maintain employee information, benefits, and licenses, while making the employee life-cycle a great experience within a new, complex, regulated, and constantly evolving industry.
Support in functional areas of human resources including but not limited to payroll, HRIS, recruitment, personnel records, benefits administration, and special projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and maintain employee files and records as required by federal and state regulations
- Partner with benefits broker to enroll, update and terminate healthcare and life insurance coverage
- Answer employee questions regarding HR-related issues. Escalate to HR Manager as needed.
- Assist HR Manager in delivering HR programs and solutions which support the organization and its employees
- Assist HR Manager in the development, implementation, and tracking of employee policies and procedures
HR Payroll & Systems:
- Manage employee data in HRIS platform
- Document and process employee changes (e.g., compensation, promotion, department changes, terminations, etc.)
- Coordinate the task of processing payroll. Review non-exempt timesheet data, address discrepancies with managers, ensure new deductions entered in a timely basis, etc.
- Upload weekly schedules into time & attendance system
- Review time off balances and requests with managers and employees as needed
- Enter and manage wage garnishments as needed
- Assist employees with payroll-related questions (e.g., earnings, PTO, deductions, etc.)
- Liaise with payroll and timekeeping vendors
- Assist in managing, implementing and training of HR systems (e.g., Gusto, Homebase and future HRIS system, PeopleGuru) to maintain integrity of employee and organizational data
- Assist with communication, engagement, and change management
- Manage inventory of employee uniforms for the manufacturing facility; place new orders as needed and keep uniform area organized
- Partner with HR Manager to streamline HR processes and procedures, proactively identify areas for improvement, create SOP documentation and communicate changes, if necessary
- Maintain confidentiality on all HR tasks; apply discretion, care and professionalism
- Assist and support all Affinity locations including manufacturing site and dispensaries as needed and assigned.
- Stay current with state and federal employment laws
- Learn Cannabis Control Commission Regulations to support compliance across the organization
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must pass a comprehensive background check (CORI)
- Bachelor's degree and/or at least 3 years of HR / Payroll experience
- Understanding of MA Labor Laws & Employment Equity Regulations
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, and experience working with HRIS a plus
- Thrives when performing job duties in a fast-paced environment; stays even-keeled during stressful times
- Facility with math; comfortable compiling and organizing number data
- A positive, confident, and approachable demeanor; connecting with people is second nature
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 25-30 pounds
- Can physically tolerate cannabis-related odors
Affinity is focused on being best-in-class in all we do. We are selective with our hiring, and as a result have a smart, collaborative, and enthusiastic team. Our approach involves aligning employee skills and interests with company needs and providing great support. We have a very competitive benefits package, with the company paying 80% of the medical insurance premium and 100% of the dental and vision programs.
If the above sounds interesting, we’d love to hear from you!
Affinity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, military service or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws. We strongly support diversity and inclusion and are committed to promoting equity throughout our recruiting process and our operations. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Tuesday, January 12, 2021