Cannabis Facilities Maintenance Manager
- Clinton, MA
Affinity: Cannabis Facilities Maintenance Manager
If you enjoy maintaining and improving modern production facilities, we have the opportunity you’ve been waiting for in America’s newest and hottest industry. Let’s talk!
We are looking for a Facilities Maintenance Manager to oversee all maintenance activities at our 65,000 sq ft cultivation, extraction, and production facility in Clinton, Massachusetts. This position is crucial to Affinity’s success.
The ideal candidate is an experienced, savvy, knowledgeable, and collaborative professional, with low-voltage manufacturing equipment experience. Someone who is excited to bring their passion for well-oiled and well-programmed machines to ensure the continuous and efficient operation of the systems and equipment we rely on to produce superior products. We are looking for an enthusiastic and intelligent professional to maintain and improve a multi-functional “manufacturing” facility and to give their all to help us successfully manage Affinity’s rapid growth.
Experience in the Cannabis industry is a huge plus. The Facilities Manager is the first point of contact for facility mechanical failures which requires off-hours availability for emergency situations. The ability to lead, generate results, and motivate colleagues is required, as is at least familiarity with cultivation and/or extraction processes and products.
Affinity is a vertically integrated cannabis company that commenced operations in our Clinton MA production facility in early 2020 and have since added Medical dispensaries in West Springfield and just now, in Boston. Join our team as we continue to grow!
- Drive increasing value for Affinity
- Responsible for ensuring the consistent, predictable, and efficient performance of Affinity’s facilities and equipment
- Contribute to a company culture based on quality, continuous improvement, and camaraderie
- Manage the maintenance and operation of equipment, systems, and facilities used by Affinity
- Manage all building systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, safety, and waste management
- Contribute to a dynamic, collaborative, and positive team environment and culture
- Develop maintenance policy and procedures that ensure the optimal functioning of equipment and systems
- Develop, execute, maintain, and report on a preventative maintenance schedule based on MFG recommendations for all equipment
- Manage and train departmental staff on maintenance standards and procedures for buildings, grounds, and equipment, and in the day-to-day performance of their jobs
- Work closely with Cultivation, Extraction, Kitchen, Processing / Packaging department leaders to understand and support needs, bottlenecks, frustrations, and new ideas
- Troubleshoot problems and perform repairs to the building and equipment (hands-on / ready)
- Support programs / projects targeted at testing and implementing improvement processes and tools
- Ensure facilities maintenance work follows safety standards, conforms to specifications, and that work orders are tracked and completed within the budgeted guidelines
- Engage and oversee contractors for renovation and/or repair projects
- Make effective use of the Building Management System to collect data and track performance of equipment and systems
- Ensure project and department milestones and goals are met and adhere to approved budgets
- Update company policies or SOPs as new equipment is acquired or processes changed
- Procure, maintain availability, and ensure safe, effective, and efficient use of vehicles, tools, materials, and equipment
- Ensure that all facility supplies are well-maintained, well-organized, and reordered promptly
- Conduct yearly review of all processes to ensure proper permitting and licensing
- Other activities as requested by management
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years of Facilities Management experience; experience working in a comparable production facility or highly regulated industry strongly preferred
- Experience working on and overseeing finely tuned environmental controls (indoor agriculture!)
- Experience working with low-voltage manufacturing equipment
- A positive, confident, and approachable demeanor; connecting with people is second nature
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to juggle multiple priorities at a given time; superior time management, organization and execution skills
- Experience with Building Management Systems / Controls
- Able to read and follow blueprints, drawings, schematics, and assembly instruction.
- Proficient with the measuring tools and math skills required to position, set up, and calibrate machines
- Knowledge of safety practices, SDS Procedures, and recognizing hazards
- Successful track record with being a team player as well as building, leading, and motivating teams
- Superior problem solving, influence, and negotiation skills
- Superior organizational, project management, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Superior communication skills to include listening, verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Flexibility and creativity with finding solutions is a must
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Must pass a comprehensive background check (CORI)
- Must be at least 21 years of age
Affinity is focused on being best-in-class in all we do. We are selective with our hiring, and as a result have a smart, collaborative, and enthusiastic team. Our approach involves aligning employee skills and interests with company needs and providing great support. We have a very competitive benefits package, with the company paying 80% of the medical insurance premium and 100% of the dental and vision programs.
If the above sounds interesting, we’d love to hear from you!
Compensation: Competitive; commensurate with experience.
Affinity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, military service or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws. We strongly support diversity and inclusion and are committed to promoting equity throughout our recruiting process and our operations. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Monday, December 14, 2020