Cannabis Packaging & Processing Technician
- Clinton, MA
Affinity: Packaging & Processing Technician
If you have experience working in manufacturing / production and are excited to apply your knowledge, skills, and experience to America’s hottest industry, please keep reading!
Affinity is a fully vertically integrated Massachusetts Medical Marijuana company with production in Clinton MA and dispensaries in Boston’s South End, and in West Springfield. We are looking for a Packaging & Processing Technician to work in our Clinton cultivation and manufacturing facility, preparing products for our patients and customers.
Our team is very talented, adaptable, close-knit, and we intend to hire people with similar attributes.
The Packaging and Processing Technician is responsible for handling and processing dry plant material, running standard production machinery, weighing, manicuring, inspecting and assisting with general packaging of products within our facility. This position is an integral piece of ensuring that only the highest-quality, well-manicured cannabis flower is packaged for sale to our patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely and efficiently trim flower according to Affinity standard operating procedures (SOPs) and good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Effectively prepare flower material for pre-roll production and run the basic machinery to roll pre-rolls.
- Accurately perform filling, packaging, and labeling of products within the production facility. This includes, but is not limited to bulk flower, pre-rolls, cartridges, concentrates, edibles, and other marijuana infused products.
- Continuously monitor the quality of all items associated with filling, packaging, and labeling in order to minimize waste or rework.
- Process drying rooms, scan all products, and prepare room to be re-filled
- Fill and monitor Cure room under guidance of management
- Make sure all production areas and equipment are always clean and sanitized according to Affinity standard operating procedures.
- Work as a member of a fast-paced team environment to help the team meet group goals.
- Hand trim cannabis flower from plants in a quick and efficient manner, while ensuring high quality standards are met.
- Remove fan leaves and trunks after harvest to prepare for drying process.
- Maintain high level of cleanliness of all processing equipment / areas and sanitation practices .
- Report any identifiable occurrence of mold, mildew, seeds, pests, or pathogens to the Processing Manager.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Remain in compliance with local, state, federal, and internal regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must pass CORI, background and social media background checks.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Experience in the cannabis industry preferred but not required.
- Be capable of frequent and repetitive hand movements.
- Be able to bend, squat, crouch, kneel, and walk intermittently throughout the day.
- Able to sit/stand for prolonged periods (4-6 hours at a time)
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong desire to produce a high-quality product
- Able to meet target production rates.
- Able to work with small hand tools consistently throughout an 8-hour shift.
- Able handle cannabis plant matter over the course of an 8-hour shift
- Must be dependable, professional, able to follow instructions, and respond to management direction.
- Must be able to inspect and detect quality defects
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Have open availability regarding to scheduling.
- Experience working in a high-volume factory/continuous production line
- Familiarity with agricultural hand tools
- Must be able to work on weekends or alternate shifts
- Lifting or moving items up to 50 pounds may be required
Affinity is focused on being best-in-class in all we do. We are selective with our hiring, and as a result have a smart, collaborative, and enthusiastic team. Our approach involves aligning employee skills and interests with company needs and providing great support. We have a very competitive benefits package, with the company paying 80% of the medical insurance premium and 100% of the dental and vision programs.
If the above sounds interesting, we’d love to hear from you!
Affinity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, military service or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws. We strongly support diversity and inclusion and are committed to promoting equity throughout our recruiting process and our operations. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Monday, January 18, 2021