- Santa Monica, CA
Our client was brought to life by the idea that success is driven by a strong collaborative process. The passion for that idea powers their firm still, 20 years later. As a Data Engineer, you’ll be integral to maintaining and improving the firm’s processes and procedures by collaborating with traders and technology to advance the firm’s position as an innovative leader in the industry. You’ll always be presented with a variety of new possibilities as you continue to enhance your skills!
- Work with analysts and data scientists to Identify, design, and implement internal process and standards improvements: standardized tools, automating processes, optimizing data delivery, etc.
- Design infrastructure and systems to scale easily as data grows.
- Design, develop, and implement optimal and secure data pipeline at scale sourced from a wide variety of data sources.
- Perform database management and optimization for our MySQL and Redshift Databases.
- Implement comprehensive unit-tests and production monitoring to verify high quality and detect data quality issues quickly.
- Be self-driven, understand the data we have and its scale, and provide data solutions to all of our challenges.
- 5-10 years of software engineering experience
- Deep understanding of CS fundamentals and an appreciation for the craft of software development.
- Expertise in back end development (we use Java/Scala/Python/Kotlin).
- Enthusiasm for growing local businesses and a fit with our values.
- Passion for organizing raw, streaming data to make it more digestible.
- Expertise in large-scale data management (we use Spark, Airflow, Zeppelin, Beam, Flink - all in AWS).
- Expertise with modern data architecture and data environment.
- Expertise with Relational and NoSQL databases to help teams organize their data for flexible high-quality analysis.
- A thirst to learn, tenacity to take on hard problems, and the courage to be responsible for your decisions and your output.
- An unselfish, team-first attitude.
- You get energized by the rising bar, unfazed by nebulous business problems, excited to contribute to a cause bigger than yourself.
- Excellent attention to detail, because details matter (if you apply, include the word “purple” somewhere in your resume or cover letter).
- Embrace and thrive in fast-paced, lean startup cultures – we insist on saying NO to big corporate mentality.
- Personal ambition - embrace challenges, inspired by learning and growing.
- Experience in building high quality production grade scalable systems preferred.
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time
Thursday, October 3, 2019