Catalyst Recruiting Inc.
- Ridgecrest, CA
A mineral processing company (sort of) needs a safety manager. Position reports to site EHS manager. Site is under OSHA regulations; MSHA experience highly transferable.
The operation is much more analogous to a oil/gas production area and wet/sour gas plant than anything else.
Person is responsible for the safety program on a large site with diverse processes and all from easy-going to exceedingly stubborn people.
Work with EHS director, operations, etc, to ensure a flexible and effective program is working on-site.
- Use to working on sites with wells, drilling, piping, pressure vessels, reaction units, a lot of rotating equipment, low to upper-medium voltage (high voltage contracted)
- Make sure this safety system is simply part of the personnel on the site, activities, operational program and so forth.
- Continuous improvement of the safety program
- With EHS director, ensure that the safety program is part of capital projects planning, site engineering, etc.
- Work with training – of site ops and staff, as well as self, always.
- Regulatory audits and regulatory interface
- Site, job, operational hazard analysis
- Investigation of events that can be or are “near misses”, or events, with full root cause analysis.
- Required: Degree (2 or 4 year) and 7+ years of experience in applicable subject area
- Oilfield (like production and gas plant), chemical plant or minerals plant (if with a lot of processing and solid + liquids work necessary.
- CSP looked upon VERY highly
- CSHM, HMM, CIH, OSHA 30, 40, other local and federal programs looked upon highly
- NFPA and related arc flash training and experience looked upon highly
- Your attitude…. make sure it is right. Tell me about it.
- Able to work at an operating site that might be hot, plenty of potentially hazardous areas, constrained access points, etc, easily,
- No H1b or OPT visas
Salary is definitely over $90k, good bonus, good relocation program, more programs coming.
Wednesday, March 30, 2022