Director Catalyst Engineering
Catalyst Recruiting Inc.
- Gary, IN
Director of Catalyst Engineering
Profitable catalytic converter (aftertreatment) manufacturer is expanding and is looking for a senior engineer to lead their technical, applications development and manufacturing engineering program for their washcoats / coated catalytic converter substrates (cores).
Location: Near Gary, Indiana
- INNOVATIVE!!! Develop and implement some incredibly interesting ideas
- Design, development, testing and selection of catalyst (exhaust aftertreatment) technologies for an extensive aftermarket line (most 3-way cats)
- Lead the technical efforts in conjunction with corporate technical marketing for new products into the OEM space and aftermarket
- Oversee the washcoat formulation, development and application process
- Extensive work with executive management leading product design, introduction and support programs
- Lead technical efforts getting regulatory approvals (California primary, but a bit nebulous now!)
- Manage the testing and development laboratory
- Ensure that the multiple finished catalytic converter manufacturing operations receive sufficient guidance to keep finished units up to design specs
- At least a 4 year Bachelors degree in chemistry, chem-e, mech-e, metallurgical engineering, etc
- An advanced degree and MBA would be great!
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in design, development, testing and validation of 3-ways catalysts for OEM or tier 1 automotive supplier
- Can consider 2-way catalyst applications, but candidate must understand 3-way
- And/Or...a lot of experience with washcoat design, coating, manufacturing
- Some experience or knowledge of the actual manufacture of the catalytic converter “cans”, piping, etc, is handy.
- Since no one knows it all, must be ready, willing and capable of quickly picking up the skills and knowledge to do the job. There is assistance to do this.
- Based at a central location. Under 10%) travel to other manufacturing sites is required.
- This is manufacturing, laboratory, testing, development - NOT a desk job
- U.S. citizen or resident. Might be able to look at TN Visa
- Able to work in/around an active manufacturing facility and lab effectively and safely
- Very good compensation package, including relocation if necessary
Wednesday, February 5, 2020