Catalyst Recruiting Inc.
- Ridgecrest, CA
Process Engineer - Ridgecrest, CA
Customer is a large chemical processing company with a couple of plants. The position is key part of the site-wide engineering team working on manufacturing process, materials handling, chemical processing and manufacturing, process improvement and development and much more!
- 70% in-plant working with operations, production engineers, maintenance, etc, process development, etc.
- 30% design, metallurgical (material and thermal) balances, design improvements for piping, pressure vessels, etc.
- Use of quantitative continuous improvement systems such as Lean, Six-Sigma, “modified” systems, etc, to isolate issues (i.e. root cause analysis) and work through solutions.
- Has worked with and can incorporate a PSM program into process improvements, designs, developments, etc.
- Absolutely at home working in a plant, a lab/pilot plant, office.
- Ingrained practice of always working with an ever-improvement safety program
- Working with solids/salts, liquids, filter products, pipes, power, etc
- At home training operations personnel, mentoring junior engineers, being mentored/trained by others, etc.
- Yes – there is training! You are not expected to have all of this in your bailiwick!
- Required: engineering degree – chemical engineering, perhaps chemistry, (if process oriented) or similar.
- Experience working in plants! This is not a desk-focused job; must have some years of experience working in an operating facility with attendant benefits, challenges and conditions.
- Required: At least 3 years of experience. More is good! Compensation will go up with experience
- Must be able to both currently work in the U.S. and not need a visa of any kind to continue to do so.
Salary based on experience - but approx. $80,000 - $110,000, bonus, relocation available.
Wednesday, July 13, 2022