Catalyst Recruiting Inc.
- Salt Lake City, UT
Safety Manager – Salt Lake City, Utah, Area
A chemical company needs a safety engineer/supervisor for their operation in the Salt Lake City area. This is not a safety manager position.
At minimum, this is a highly applied position, working with the entire operation in site, plant, job and overall safety, safety plan improvement and implementation, PSM work and more. Experience in that chemicals/refinery/oil-gas processing/metals/hazardous-type environment is a must. Very interesting promotional opportunities pending.
- JHA (JSA) for individual areas and efforts/initiatives
- Ensure the existing system is in-place and people are well-trained.
- At the same time, work with the (small) safety team to improve-upon the existing safety system, then implement the changes
- Owns the safety training tracking and scheduling system and program
- Work into a risk-assessment then to risk management role without abandoning the in-plant work
- Incidents – work as quickly as possible to address immediate safety issues. Can include a small change up to stop-work.
- Fully involved with or manage root-cause analysis and change management; work with or lead effort with team to address individual or business-wide situations and systems.
- Find the challenge of helping make that system that allows people to go home alive and in one piece works!!!
- 2-4 years of previous experience in high-hazard type chemical, minerals, processing type work. PSM, API, etc, experience preferred. More experience is great!
- BS is preferred; AAS, training and certs is also ok.
- Appropriate certifications greatly preferred. Point these out to me!
- If you don’t have CSP, ASP, etc, then willing/able to get it. Company will back it.
- Must be experienced with working in an operating plant.
- Able to work immediately without any need for a visa now or in the future.
If you have the above (or pretty close), I will read what you have to say!
Salary: $80k - $105k; bonus, incredible benefits, relocation assistance available.
Tuesday, September 21, 2021
80,000 - 105,000