Catalyst Recruiting Inc.
- West Jordan, UT
A chemical company near Salt Lake City needs an analytical chemist to manage all laboratory analyses in a section of their operation.
Basically, the position is running a small analytical laboratory while backed-up by a larger company laboratory.
- Perform trace (environmental laboratory-level) analyses on water:
- Appropriate sample preservation and digestion for trace metals analysis
- Analysis of samples via ICP-OES
- Running appropriate reference material, quality control checks, etc
- Standard analysis for various anions in aqueous samples
- Trace analysis for contaminants in high-concentration process intermediates:
- Digestion of high percent solids metals-rich materials
- Appropriate method analysis via AAS, ICP, etc
- Not run high concentration and trace analysis samples anywhere near one another!
- Work with operations, environmental, engineering on sample analysis and timely data reporting
- Extensive work with the larger company lab to back one another up, checks, etc.
- Responsible for the safety program in this satellite laboratory: you will have backup from more experienced site personnel, the other lab, EHS.
- Degree in chemistry or a similar 4-year technical degree
- 5+ years of experience work with chemical analysis, analytical instrumental analysis, etc
- Familiar with high-concentration (i.e. product/materials) analysis as well as trace
- MUST know how to operate and ICP – from method development through reporting.
- Must know why aqua regia must not be applied liberally to your face
- Completely comfortable working 100% of the time within a solid safety framework – and stopping work if something indicates an uncontrolled hazard
Competitive salary, extraordinary benefits!
Some relocation may be available.
Tuesday, May 5, 2020