Catalyst Recruiting Inc.
- Portland, OR
Plant Manager - Near Portland, OR
A modest-size green-energy chemical/oil refining company needs a site manager for a plant near Portland, Oregon. This profitable facility has the opening as the incumbent is going to a corporate position; this will be a friendly transition!
Key parts of the position: managing all aspects of the operation from production to people to efficiency to environmental and…safety! Person does not need to be a technical wiz in refining; there is good technical backup. Must be able to manage the operation, business-side, be innovative, etc. Read below….
- Fully responsible/accountable for plant safety, operations, quality and compliance
- Management includes a real maintenance/reliability system (!).
- Budgeting, planning, development of forecasts and reporting to board of directors
- Work with site and company engineering for operational and CapEx project planning and expenditures.
- Manage a real continuous improvement program in plant and business-side.
- Work with all stakeholders: executive management, personnel, stockholders, regulators, neighbors.
Requirements and desired:
Degree in appropriate engineering. Other degree is acceptable with enough experience
- Management of humans! Train, bring people opportunities and training, be a decent person that can listen, etc
- 5+ years in a senior plant or operational management-type role: managed technical, operational, business, budgeting aspects of an operating site.
- Must have experience in refining or a similar industry that works with as many as possible process similar to refining:
- FCC, etc
- “hot” work
- Petrochemical blending, piping, storage tanks
- Experience working with appropriate EPA and (hopefully) state regulations (can train in state; there is an EHS manager)
- Continuous improvement experience in a refining/chemical/similar environment
Relocation available. Salary of over $130,000, very nice bonus, just plain nice and friendly place to work.
Saturday, July 3, 2021