Catalyst Recruiting Inc.
- Salt Lake City, UT
Quality Engineer – Chemicals
A SLC area chemical manufacturer is looking for a Quality Manager for one of their operations.
The person will be putting in an entirely new quality system, so they need to be experienced and quite “hands-on”; this position needs to be fully integrated into operations.
- inorganic chemicals, formulated chemicals (epoxies, cleaners, etc, not petrochem like ethylene, styrene, oil refining, etc), gold + base metals primary and secondary, lubricants, salts, specialty chemicals, fertilizers – urea, DAP, MAP, phosphates, soda ash, bicarbonate, cyanides, etc. Manufacturing? Maybe? Talk to me!
- Chemists!, Or similar with a lot of chemistry, chem-e, etc.
- Institute a full and modern QMS, ISO-9001 system. Corporate is 2008; needs 2015.
- Will manage in-plant systems as well as manage the process and quality lab (chemists, techs, etc)
- All systems need to be examined, upgraded, changed, integrated. Nothing is sacred!
- Put in place logical metrics
- Put in place logical inspection protocol for product, process
- intermediates, process
- Root cause analysis and corrective action formulation (obviously with engineering, ops, maintenance, safety)
- Extensive work with internal plant and management personnel, regulators and customers to ensure legal compliance
- Significant focus on inputs and products at plant “door” and with customers.
- Formulation of a risk-based system. Ability to discuss this a bit with the recruiter!
- Heavily involved with the operation – so moving through the non-applicable to applicable system with ISO is necessary.
- So: relationship to HSE and reliability centered maintenance is….?
- Experience as a quality engineer or similar in an applicable industrial environment ‘
- Must know and understand chemistry and chemical analysis. ICP, AA, FTIR, etc
- Not only understand QMS, but understand how to significantly change them….without a plant shutdown!
- Extensive understanding of operational plant safety systems, hazardous materials/conditions, etc. Seriously, you need to know this stuff!
Monday, November 23, 2020
$110k or more