Catalyst Recruiting Inc.
- Deer Park, TX
Reliability Engineer - Instrumentation
Multi-site position: Base Chicago or Houston area
A unique position: work on instrumentation and automation from the standpoint of reliability.Some facilities FDA/cGMP.
The overall objective of the Instrumentation Reliability Engineer is to ensure the safe and reliable operation of production facilities at the lowest life cycle cost. The Instrumentation Reliability Engineer will be responsible for the identification, development, and implementation of preventive/predictive programs and corrective maintenance solutions for instrument systems and equipment in multiple facilities. This person will have the ability to work independently and make technical decisions based on full awareness of viability, risk, cost and other benefits.
- Manage maintenance/reliability program for multiple process/production sites
- Working with the Maintenance and Electrical/Automation and Engineering Management, develop and implement a reliability program for automation, sensors, etcd
- Roll-out Instrument Maintenance Management System – ProCal (Support from engineering and vendor)
- Analyze data and information from multiple sources to identify, recommend and justify life-cycle cost and reliability improvement activities.
- Identify and resolve long-term instrumentation asset concerns
- Improve and manage the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process for the subject area
- Improve or re-write appropriate SOPs (operating and maintenance) as appropriate.
- Lead FDA and cGMP validation activities for instrumentation systems and assets.
- Lead continuous improvement programs
- Training of personnel at the operations
Approximately 20% travel to remote sites; otherwise sites are nearby
- Bachelor's Degree in controls, electrical, instrumentation, etc, engineering
- Minimally three years: experience or proven experience in specification, installation, troubleshooting, repairs, testing, and calibration of industrial instrumentation systems and equipment.
- Experience with P&ID content and format- including ISA symbology and naming conventions
- Preventive and Predictive maintenance of instrumentation systems and equipment experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Controls, Electronics, Instrumentation, or Electrical Engineering.
- Six Sigma, PHA, and FMEA experience
- CMRP or CRE status.
- Knowledge and application of industry specific standards and codes (ISA, NEC, NFPA)
- Basic understanding of PLC systems (Allen Bradley PLC5, Control Logix) and DCS (DeltaV, Foxboro).
- Proven experience in CMMS systems such as Infor EAM and ProCal
Saturday, February 15, 2020
At least $100,000, bonus