Electrical Engineer ..
Catalyst Recruiting Inc.
- Ridgecrest, CA
Electrical Engineer – electrical/power
A minerals/chemical company needs an electrical engineer to work with and manage electrical system projects throughout an active site. The site has all ranges of power, from low to medium, with high voltage handled externally.
Some key parts of the position:
- Key part of the multi-site engineering group
- Lead the Arc Flash safety program.
- Work with power distribution, load balancing, transformers and application
- Capital project Load studies and electrical/power system designs for major process equipment such as compression systems, pumps, chillers, etc.
- Analysis and design of new and proposed upgrades with respect to NEC, NFPA, IEEE, etc.
- Extensive work with maintenance/reliability personnel/department for most of what you do
- Improvements, changes and upgrades to existing systems as workloads and technology changes.
- Extensive work with senior site safety management and ops in crafiting and implementing proactive electical safety systems in plant; engineering it into CapEx projectects
- Failure/root-cause analysis of systems with pretty much all areas and groups in the site
- Able to understand and work in and with PLCs and VFD and associated feeds and circuits (there is a colleague that manages that automation/controls side)
Note: This is an extremely key position; the subject of which is often poorly understood by many. You need to ability to work with the people and communicate your areas of expertise.
Required and preferred:
- Degree in electrical engineering
- At least 5 years of applicable experience in heavy industry, chemicals, major utility, minerals/mining, etc, industries
- Familiar with modeling software
- Must have some experience with PLC, HMIs, drives/motors, etc
- Must have experience in medium and low voltages systems distribution, substations, related equipment (transformers, breakers, etc)
- Extensive experience with NEC, NFPA, OSHA regulations for all areas of a plant
- Must have some arc flash experience
- Willing and able to spend about 50% of the time in an active, operational plant
Salary: over $100,000, bonus, relocation
Friday, June 10, 2022