Catalyst Recruiting Inc.
- Santa Barbara, CA
Quality Assurance Manager
Santa Barbara, CA
A manufacturer of high-end electromechanical/electromagnetic devices is looking for a quality manager (or engineer) to work through their organization – from supplier to product delivery – to manage the quality system. Their products are delivered all over the world.
The person, working with engineering, operations and sales, will manage a small team, managing the quality of incoming materials/parts, the entire manufacturing process, and the quality of the product.
There is some training, so an expert in this field is not needed. Just someone knowing precision manufacturing in a electrical parts, acoustics, speakers, infotainment and similar.
Bilingual English/Spanish is a HUGE plus!!!!
- Develop and maintain a sustainable quality system from bottom up. People in the organization do care about their product. However, consistent quality systems are needed for success
- Manage a team of 5 in supplier, production/manufacturing, and final product quality areas
- Using formal root cause analysis, “root out” offending areas or components of the system that might cause quality issues and address the people, parts or system
- Working with your team (and other teams in the plant) to propose quantitatively supported solutions for issues. Then follow-through.
- Work via meticulous data collection, analysis, etc, to have a foundation for quality work
- Probably needs an appropriate degree in a technical field like engineering.
- 2+. Years in quality engineering in a technical and precision manufacturing field
- Bilingual English/Spanish – at least enough to work with a workforce with a lot of Spanish-speakers – is an outstanding ability!
- Meticulous, personable, and problem-solving type
- A nice person! No people that are grouchy, authoritarian, wishy-washy, or responsibility dodging weasels and would go well on the program “The Office”.
- Able to work in the U.S. legally. Someone eligible for a NAFTA/TN visa (i.e. citizen of Mexico) can probably be considered eligible for this position. Otherwise, person must be legally able to work in the U.S. without other visas.
Salary range is $80,000 - $110,000, bonus, benefits
Tuesday, October 12, 2021