Catalyst Recruiting Inc.
- Mentmore, NM
Western NM - 87319
A Silica Sand/Proppant mining and processing operation running 24/7 needs 2 production supervisors for their plant.
Requires at least some direct experience in something such as mining, quarrying or earth-moving and processing.
The person will supervise the mine or the plant and report to the site manager.
Responsibilities/functions – as many as possible as the plant has more than one set of processes:
Directly manage a shift in the mine and/or plant/operation
- Supervise excavating, hauling, grading, etc, -- mining activities plus crush, convey, screen, sizing, etc – plant activities.
- Control of things like hiring, firing, promotions, training, etc
- Extensive work with other supervisors, maintenance, quality, ops managers, safety
- Working in areas with large excavators, haulage vehicles, conveyors, stockpiling and loadouts, crushing, sizing, drying, dust control and more.
- Will work in a strong and quite successful MSHA-based safety program and culture.
- Management of production and quality systems through production
- Continuous improvement and process management and improvement
- Positions are a combination of “production engineering” oriented and/or “production supervisor”
- Responsible for the whole process – so a lot of management responsibilities.
- Must have applicable experience in mining/milling, processing, etc.
- Degree or applicable experience – room for both career directions
- Some decent management experience
- Able to work outside in an operating mine and plant; not a desk job
- Great to know Maximo; other platforms ok (Maximo is not hard to learn; great program!)
- MSHA and rigorous EHS program experience very highly viewed!
- Good people skills and able to communicate well.
Salary: Over $80,000, bonus, relocation
Other: can consider creative day and shift arrangements, housing, etc
Wednesday, May 11, 2022