Field Service Engineer
Catalyst Recruiting Inc.
- Philadelphia, PA, United States
XRF Field Engineer
Home-based, northeast U.S (Boston, Philadelphia area, NY/NJ)
ED-XRF field services engineer will work with customers in training, troubleshooting, optimizing of their analytical instrumentation and associated software systems.
Work with those customers will be a combination of phone, remote/on-line support and conferences (i.e. Zoom) and on-site visit.
- Use your in-depth knowledge of the application energy dispersive XRF technology in a laboratory and in a plant setting (i.e. hand held devices) in your work
- Specific work includes:
- Set-up and/or troubleshooting of a customer’s systems - hardware and software
- Perform onsite repairs and/or maintenance as is possible with systems (or send units or components back for repair)
- Training of customers – new users, existing users on new features, etc
- Have the patience not to get visibly upset with uncooperative, willfully ignorant or otherwise just plain annoying customers and still get the job done
- Used to working on-site, which may be in a semiconductor plant, minerals plant, laboratory, etc,
- Excellent knowledge of the "why": appropriate theoretical and practical knowledge of chemistry, materials science, physics, etc.
- Must have experience with:
- XRF analysis; really prefer ED-XRF over WD-XRF
- Chemistry – elemental analysis
- 5-7 years of appropriate experience
- Must have at least an appropriate associates degree; an appropriate bachelors degree is even better.
- Willing and able to travel a lot throughout the U.S.
Must be U.S. Citizen or Resident. Relo is possible if needed.
Friday, November 20, 2020