Senior Electrical Engineer
Catalyst Recruiting Inc.
- Knoxville, TN
Electrical Engineer – Design
This is a design electrical engineer, NOT automation
High-tech low-volume, high-precision manufacturing company near Knoxville, TN, needs a degreed electrical engineer experienced in the design (and improvement) of complex semiconductor/microprocessor-based signal detection and amplification products.
Customer manufactures high-tech detectors for government and industry. Specialized detectors that measure light, radiation (i.e. photons!) as an input, generating amplified digital signals that can be sent various end uses.
Design/development of sensors that product a multiple-channel analog signals and must output discrete digital signals for processing
- Design/develop components for processing of analog and digital signals
- Design prototypes of (electrical portion) of assemblies and product units involving interconnected processors, PCBs, feeds to various amplifiers. Pretty exacting stuff.
- Works with a small team that includes a senior mechanical, software and manufacturing engineer, plus junior engineers, in the design/manufacturing process
Experience/skills (as many as possible)
- Digital circuit design – microprocessors, field programmable gate arrays
- Understand inputs of very weak analog
- Integration of software and hardware
- Some analog circuits: signal amplifiers, phase-locked loops/signal filters, analog/digital converters, more.
- Digital signal processing – to feed to external information management systems
- Precision voltage and current measurement (and matching)
Education and other
- Electrical engineering degree – at least BS; probably higher
- At least 5 years in an appropriate and applicable component design and manufacturing role
- Must work with design, lab and manufacturing. They are right next to one another. Not an isolated at-desk kind of position.
- Be able to design and work with extremely precise and delicate components and instrumentation – AND work with other humans in a decent manner!!
CITIZENSHIP/RESIDENCY/VISA: must not need a visa now or in the future. Potentially Canadian or Mexican citizens ok. Otherwise, must be in the U.S. Questions? Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: Pretty unique position. Over $100k, relocation. Still working on it.
Thursday, September 2, 2021