Embedded Systems Engineer
Catalyst Recruiting Inc.
- Oak Ridge, TN
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Oak Ridge, TN
Client is a global manufacturer of many types of precision sensors and measurement instrumentation. Position is with the R&D/engineering group for multiple business units. Embedded software engineers are key to the development of new products and support for existing.
Some applications include FPGA-based systems, analog and digital signal processing and amplification, operational sub-units for some interesting cutting-edge detectors, etc. As it is a multi-faceted company, there are local, national, and international opportunities in the same and adjacent fields.
- Works effectively in a cross-discipline engineering team
- Designs and implements software that is extensible, maintainable, and testable
- Provides technical leadership for modules or even entire projects as assigned
- Authors and maintains technical requirement specifications, design, and similar documents as necessary
- Participates in evaluating new technology and tools
- Maintains existing software from answering questions to bug fixes to porting to new HW / OS
- Supports products indirectly by working with other departments such as Product Support, Product Management, Manufacturing, etc.
- Works within the AMT Engineering Product Development Process
- Continuously improves skills and stay current with latest technologies, design patterns, etc.
- Bachelor's degree (BS) from four-year college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Ten (10) years applicable experience
- Strong proficiency with the following programming languages / technologies:
- C++, C#
- Programming targeting embedded operating systems
- Software development of servers / services (OS-level drivers, OS services, web services, etc.)
- Software development using multi-threading
- Software development for electronics that reads, configures, and calibrates a variety of sensors
- Communications over a variety of ports and protocols including USB, Ethernet, Wireless, etc.
- Experience with configuration management such as Git, SVN, TFS, etc.
Beneficial Knowledge and Experience
- Proficiency with many of the following programming languages / technologies / processes:
- Programming targeting Embedded Linux, Android, Windows Mobile, or Windows OSes
- Embedded-friendly databases such as SQL Lite
- Embedded browser-based applications development
- Secure software development
- Agile / Scrum software development lifecycle
- Experience in nuclear instrumentation design and development
- Experience in electrochemical instrumentation design and development
Relocation paid and competitive salary based upon experience.
Thursday, August 25, 2022