Catalyst Recruiting Inc.
- Green River, WY
Green River, WY
A large minerals/chemical company is looking for a manager for their product/process lab. They mine and process trona (raw soda ash) into refined sodium carbonate, sodium bicarbonate and various similar compounds.
The lab focuses on instrumental elemental analysis with ICP MS and OES as well as multiple wet-chemistry, physical and in-house methods. It is a strategic and central operation integrated operations, quality, product development, customers and more.
- Manage the lab:
- Chemists (senior and some junior)
- Operating budgets
- Capital expenditure budget
- Certification programs
- Ensure SOPs are written, up to date, and understandable by existing and incoming/new personnel as well as for audit
- Manage the lab-specific safety program; make sure it meets MSHA requirements as well as company requirements
- Work with quality manager and operations management
- Schedule testing so that the entire things isn’t a complete mess of “hurry!!”
- Work with customers or agencies to ensure proper quality
- “Special Projects” – specific GMP protocol, some pharma protocol, etc
- LIMS integration and management – so the data is processed and goes where it needs to be.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained: schedule external work, manage and do internal as is possible, calibrate, etc
- Reporting of all sort
- Four year degree (at least) in chemistry; talk to me about similar
- 3-5 year of supervising work as applicable to that described, above
- Have some experience working with LIMS and some type of ERP system
- Experience with and understanding of multiple formal quality control systems like ISO, GMP, etc. Don’t need all, some is ok.
- Must be a personable, competent, communicative person!!
- Legal to work in the U.S. without sponsorship (if you have Mexican citizenship, TN might be possible.
Excellent salary nicely at/over $120,000, bonus, good relocation program.
Wednesday, February 1, 2023