Catalyst Recruiting Inc.
- Green River, WY
A large producer of mineral/chemical products in west-central Wyoming needs an experienced analytical chemist to lead their method development and instrumental analysis efforts in their on-site analytical laboratory. The site manufactures inorganic products; essentially all work is with elemental and ionic analysis of raw materials, in-process solutions and intermediates and finished products.
Key: you must be very good at elemental analysis!
The exact range of responsibility is based on experience; there is plenty of opportunity for technical and/or managerial career growth.
Must know how to:
- Performing analysis of solid and liquid samples via ICP and ICP-MS (start with solid chunk, end with defensible data).
- Training of technicians and junior chemists in performing the analyses
- Lead teams via competence and ability to influence, not an authoritarian.
- Method development for new products, against new (customer) specs, new or changing matrices, new instrumentation, against reference materials, etc.
- Documentation of all methods, procedures, SOPs, etc.
- Perform calibration on equipment (there is training for specific site instrumentation)
- Work with ISO (or similar) quality systems
- Perform at last some equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, etc.
- Work within, and contribute toward, the lab safety program
- Four-year degree in chemistry or similar science. A chem-e is ok; must be analytical chemist by career choice!
- Over 5 years of analytical chemistry experience with appropriate inorganic elemental analysis comprising the majority of that work. More experience is better.
- Have done at least some training of technicians and similar in performance of analyses
- MUST have experience with ICP-OES and ICP-MS.
- MUST have experience with appropriate digestion techniques for high dissolved solids/complex samples
- MUST be someone that has worked in, will work in and enjoys working in an analytical lab. Not a desk job
Extremely competitive salary, relocation available.
Wednesday, January 4, 2023
Definitely over $100,000