Catalyst Recruiting Inc.
- Ridgecrest, CA
Logistics and Distribution Manager
A large chemical process/manufacturing operation processing multiple inorganic chemicals needs a Logistics and Distribution Manager. The company ships products all over the world. This is a senior strategic position!
- Reports to the Director of Supply Chain and Logistics;
- Manage logistic and packaging personnel
- Manage several warehouses and transloading facilities, port/shipping, train and trucking logistic modes.
- Work customs and import regulations, personnel, and so forth for customers all over the world.
- Manage the entire logistics portion of supply chain from incoming materials of all sorts to handling and packaging of products and shipping all over the world
- Re-work, optimize, upgrade, etc, parts of the logistics system to work with company goals most effectively.
- A lot of work with the company’s integrated ERP system whether working with internal needs, operations or the complex outbound logistics systems.
- Extensive work with colleagues in procurement, demand planning, quality, internal product/materials handling, etc.
- Optimize inventory management with demand planning to work toward as close to JIT inventory management as possible
- Obviously there is more!
- Degree in an appropriate field
- 10+ years of experience in supply chain; the majority of which is in logistics and logistics management
- Management of warehouses and packaging
- 5+ years in management of teams.
- Experience in chemicals, heavy manufacturing, parts (i.e. aircraft parts, automotive, etc)
- Experience in national, international, multi-modal, ship/train/truck, “Planes Trains and Automobiles”, shipping.
- Must know how to work with ERP systems!
- Budget management
Salary is commensurate with a senior position, there is relocation paid. It is over $110k
Friday, July 8, 2022