Catalyst Recruiting Inc.
- Gary, IN
Catalyst Engineer – Near Gary, Indiana.
Our client is looking for a chemical engineer to work in the area of applications and manufacturing of catalyst formulations and application methods for a large manufacturer of catalytic emissions treatment systems.
Position is based in the lab/pilot area adjacent to manufacturing in a large plant.
Short version: design testing and piloting programs for catalyst-based emission control materials plus working with engineering and ops on implementation.
Must already know something of catalysis!
- Development of new catalyst formulations given general guidelines.
- Concurrently work with development/optimization of manufacturing and application of the catalyst formulations to substrates
- Work with continuous improvement systems to includes extensive work with chemists, technology director, engineering, ops. part of the continuous improvement program.
- Designing of lab testing - elemental analysis, general chemical and physical testing, etc. Work with analytical chemist and tech. Ideally back up analysis at some point.
- Degree in chemical engineering, materials science/engineering, chemistry, etc.
- Some decent understanding of catalysis and solids + slurry processing. Focus on inorganics.
- 2 years (or more) experience
- Has worked in an applications lab, plant, piloting, etc. Not strictly research.
- Personable and effective individual! You'll need to work with technical issues and humans!
- Able to work safely and effectively in an industrial plant setting
Salary: Approximately $55,000 - $75,000 or so, bonus, etc. Excellent benefits.
Thursday, June 10, 2021