Catalyst Recruiting Inc.
- Oak Ridge, TN
Test Engineer – radiation detectors
Oak Ridge, TN
NOT A SOFTWARE ENGINEER! THIS IS WORKING WITH INSTRUMENTATION
A company that manufactures and services radiation detectors needs an engineer or scientist to lead multiple technical/scientific efforts in their integrated operation. They have integrated design/manufacturing/service operations on site. They manufacture a whole line of different radiation detectors, cryo-cooling units, and many parts and assemblies for current, legacy and custom units.
The position works with electromechanical, electrical/signal processing; HPGe (look it up!) an optical sensors, all sorts of frequency, current/voltage, etc, manipulation and similar systems. This engineer/scientist will become the “the spider in the center of the web”,
(no one knows all of this; more the better. There is training for a lot of it)
- Design/assisting in the designing of, custom solutions for customers needing equipment or assemblies that are not “off the shelf”
- In charge of quoting specialty orders of equipment and services
- Bench analysis and data interpretation of data for system and sub-systems
- Use various testing equipment – oscilloscopes, various software, test sensors,
- Use of the brains of various humans like senior engineers, ops, engineering group, design group, etc, to get work done
- Work with the (generally quite technical) customers
- A four-year degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, physics, or some similar combination and some experience
- Potentially an appropriate technical degree and more experience
- 1 – 5 years of experience in the field or similar electro-mechanical, electro-optical or analog/digital signal processing. Aptitude more important than years of experience
- Some experience with modeling software. Solidworks is preferred
- Experience with radiation detectors
- Analog/digital circuitry – design, troubleshooting, otherwise working with
- Must be willing and able to work safety and effectively in a high-end manufacturing plant
- U.S. Citizen/resident (ITAR)
- Must be a nice, articulate and otherwise decent person that is pleasant to work with!
Salary: quite a range depending on the person’s experience.
Tuesday, January 24, 2023