Catalyst Recruiting Inc.
- Gary, IN
Chemist - Industrial/manufacturing
Our client is looking for two chemists to work in their central research and applications lab. The work is in materials processing, inorganic/metals chemistry, some analytical (elemental) chemistry.
Short version: working with a small team formulating and testing novel formulations of various metal/metal oxide/inorganic materials slurries for reaction and application to various substrates for catalysis. Materials science/processing.
There is plenty of training. You are not expected to know all of the stuff below!!
(Two positions - one more technical/analytical, one more chemist/process-oriented).
- Setting-up plus some designing of lab/bench experiments and testing of new catalyst mixes
- Ensuring work is properly documented for others to use.
- Doing some work with scale-up
- Many types of materials processing - dry, milling, slurrying, mixing, measurement of properties, etc. Inorganic work, not a petrochem kind of thing
- Set-up lab, bench, pilot scale tests
- Perform instrumental analyses (XRF, ICP, etc) and similar instrumental or physical analysis of samples, products, in-process samples, etc. Needed for one of the positions.
- Sample prep, analytical reporting, SOP documentation, etc.
- Ensure you work within the site safety program as well as the "common sense program" to avoid and prevent problems!
- Good understanding of as much as possible of inorganic chemistry, slurry processing, instrumental/elemental analysis, ceramics and metals, sample prep, testing set-up, etc
- Two positions: one more "analytical chemistry" than the other.
- Has worked in lab (necessary!) and some plant or applications experience
- Personable and effective individual.
- Able to work in an industrial plant setting
Salary: Approximately $40k - 65k; depends on your experience. Excellent benefits.
Monday, May 24, 2021