Catalyst Recruiting Inc.
- Tucson, AZ
Minerals Processing / metallurgical engineer
A global manufacturer of minerals processing products is looking for a senior technical expert to lead multiple efforts in the subject areas of flotation and solid/liquid separation in North America.
Person will work throughout North America – so while not required, Spanish is a very good thing!
This position will lead technical efforts with customers in the western U.S. (primarily the Southwest), focusing on base metal gold milling operations – flotation and CIL. Ok: Also rare earths and PGM!
The person will both perform and manage/train people in performance of lab, pilot and in-plant trial work in appropriate areas. The person will have technical support in the region and internationally, if needed.
- Travel up to 50% - 60% to customer sites as technical representative and expert for the company.
- Train, lead, manage technician, other engineers, and chemists as, as appropriate, customers, in testing, use, etc, of products.
- Work in the lab in Tucson to support efforts
- Extensive work with your colleagues in sales, other technical personnel, etc, You work with humans, not just process!
- Able to put together coherent reports and delivery effective presentations to customers and sometimes in-house regarding their efforts.
- Help the sales group in the development of new business. Not be a sales person; rather approach work as opportunities, not only a project.
- Occasionally work with other senior colleagues globally if needed.
- Appropriate degree/s in mineral processing, metallurgy, chemical engineering, chemistry
- MUST be good with flotation and solid liquid separation! Must be able to do testwork in-lab, on site, etc. Yes, some training, but at least 5 years in it
- Must know how to work with various polymers for SLS
- Know a flowsheet! So: comminution, flotation, leaching, thickening, tailings, etc.
- MUST be able to work in active mineral processing plant, possibly with hazards, safely and effectively. Or make alternate decision based on safety.
- Bilingual English/Spanish would be great!
Salary $100,000 - $130,000 or so, bonus, relocation and more.
Can be hybrid home/on-site
Monday, January 30, 2023