Field Service Engineer
Catalyst Recruiting Inc.
- Chicago, IL
ICP Field Engineer
Home-based, Chicago metro area, experienced Field Engineer for ICP
ICP field services engineer working for a major manufacturer of ICP (OES) instrumentation will work with customers in training, troubleshooting, optimizing of their analytical instrumentation and associated software systems.
Work with those customers will be a combination of phone, remote/on-line support and conferences (i.e. Zoom) and on-site visit. Base is the Chicago area; will require overnight travel regionally
Some position info:
- Use your in-depth knowledge of the application ICP analytical methods in a plant and laboratory setting for existing and new customers.
- Significant work with in-company applications and sales personnel.
- Specific work includes:
- Set-up and/or troubleshooting of a customer’s systems - hardware and software
- Used to working on-site: perhaps an environmental lab, semiconductor plant, minerals plant, laboratory, etc,
- Know the "why"; not just the mechanics of take apart/put together
Required and Ideal:
- Degree in chemistry, materials science, etc, is preferred. Other combinations of education and experience are also perfectly acceptable. Just must be able to do the job!!
- Have the personality to teach people that are sometimes annoying, work with people that actually want to learn, etc. Basically: peresonality is amazingly important!
- Have a strong mechanical aptitude – working with complex and quite delicate components.
- Able to work on-sites, able to improvise if needed
- Able to travel, primarily in the U.S. by plane, train or automobile. Or skateboard.
- Be able to read, interpret, work from and know what may be “inferred” from complex specs, as-built drawings, SOPs, etc.
- Understanding of solid-state chemistry, physics, etc,
- Must be a U.S. citizen or resident
The person must be located fairly near a large airport – like O’Hare or Midway.
Salary: It is definitely over $80k, bonus, vehicle. How much over? Depending on experience.
Tuesday, December 8, 2020