Catalyst Recruiting Inc.
- Ridgecrest, CA
A manufacturing/processing company needs a mechanical engineer in Ridgecrest, California. This is a development position moving through plants plus part of engineering team.
Can be very little post-university experience if good internships, co-ops, etc. This is flexible.
Plants are chemical processing, power generation. Liquids and solids; not petrochem.
Position starts with central engineering team and will move through multiple plants. Person MUST be willing and able to work in operating plants plus willing and able to do some classic desk-based design work.
Person will have great backup; the director of engineering is building a first-rate team.
Some specifics (experience is good; remember, position is a development position)
- Work as part of a project management team. Manage some smaller projects
- Work in area of the plants (rotate through) to learn systems and work in projects
- Classic operational improvement – in plants
- Work with senior project manager and engineer team on major “events” such as turnarounds, CapEx improvements, etc.
- Work with HSE manager on everything
- Design and modeling through implementation of so many different types of things I can’t write them here without using a couple pages
Some skills and requirements:
- Degree in Mechanical engineering
- 0-5 years of experience in heavy industrial applications, chemicals, oil/gas, mineral processing, power / generation / cogen, etc.
- Willing and able to work in and around an operating plant
- Experience with design software such as SolidWorks
- Must not need a visa at the start of employment or at any point in the future to work legally in the U.S.
- Must be a nice person to work with!
Salary is $75,000 - $100,000, relocation
Friday, November 11, 2022
75,000 - 100,000