Catalyst Recruiting Inc.
- Tuscaloosa, AL
Analytical Chemist position - at a chemical operation near Tuscaloosa.
This is a position for someone that wants to work with a very wide range analytical methods, matrices and reasons for doing the analytical work in the first place!
Backgrounds: Enviro analysis types, oil/petrochem product analysis, ASTM/quality analytical chemists - various industries that can be oily; probably not pharmaceuticals - unless you don't mind it being industrial, not clean-room stuff.
- Management of hourly personnel plus, potentially entry-level chemists
- Driver for work:
>Testing of feedstocks, process samples and final products
>ASTM testing protocol, methods. Be part of ASTM testing programs
- Instrumental quantitative analysis: GC, FTIR, ICP, IC
- Physical/similar: distillation/fractionation, flash point, density, insol, specific gravity and multiple others
- Set-up, maintenance, calibration of laboratory equipment
- Method development - either method-specific or matrix specific and checked against standards.
- Obviously work with a LIMS system! Understanding automated data transfer, interfaces, etc, to some degree needed. Won't use cuneiform tablets and carrier pigeon!
- You are not expected to know all of this! There is plenty of backup so you can pick up what you don't know.
- U.S. citizen or residency. No visas including no OPT.
- A degree in chemistry.
- 5+ years with instrumental analytical chemistry in a chemical/petrochem/heavy industry environment. EPA experience is great, but cannot be only enviro-types
- Would rather train a great person in some of the work than have a drone that can do the methods.
- Extremely well-versed in the safe operation of a lab. Why don't you clean an HF spill with your sleeve? What do you use an eye wash station for?
Excellent compensation (really) and can relocate.
Monday, March 23, 2020