Vice President of Leadership Development
- Buffalo, NY
Founded in 2013 by Co-Presidents Marsha Koelmel and Siobhan Smith, Catapult is a team of professionals who work with leaders and organizations to develop and deliver consulting services in the areas of Leadership & Organizational Development, Executive Coaching and Retained Executive Search.
Catapult is deliberately a team versus a network of consultants. We believe a team of colleagues connected by a common purpose, shared aspirations, aligned values, with a strong culture of support, respect, and commitment will deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients and provide the most rewarding work experience.
To further grow our team and business, we are seeking a Vice President of Leadership Development. This individual will partner with our team to lead, support, design and deliver world-class leadership development programs and solutions to Catapult’s current and potential clients.
This opportunity calls for a leader who has the experience, drive, and ambition to further grow our leadership development business, with the passion, commitment, and strategic mindset to truly engage with clients to provide meaningful results. Additionally, it will be essential that this individual have a desire to be a part of a high performing team of consultants who work collaboratively across all client engagements.
With Catapult’s existing track record of success and a highly satisfied client- base, the successful candidate will embrace our holistic and high-touch approach to our engagements, take ownership of further cultivating relationships with our current client base, and actively seek out new clients for future opportunities.
VISION, MISSION & VALUES
A world where organizations are places in which all people belong, feel valued, and create true, lasting, meaningful impact on the organizations and communities in which they work and live.
We create customized solutions that align strategy, leadership, and culture to position our clients to achieve meaningful results.
- Listen and understand - Be open minded, present, and seek to understand.
- Innovate and create - Challenge the norm and embrace creative solutions.
- Lead with strengths – Know your strengths and those of the team and find opportunities to use and develop them.
- Care deeply – Believe in Catapult’s vision and mission and commit fully to the client and their desired outcome.
- Deliver meaningful results - Deliver results that achieve your client’s desired objectives. Challenge yourself to think critically and bring ideas and solutions forward to the client and the team.
WHAT IT TAKES: LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT EXPERT & TEAM LEADER
The VP of Leadership Development will have proven experience in leadership development solution design, program facilitation, and broad talent management program implementation as an external consultant, as part of a leading consulting firm, and/or an internal corporate role with stakeholder management experience. As Catapult’s VP of Leadership Development, the successful candidate will:
- Lead all aspects of Catapult’s leadership development line of business, including understanding the client’s business, culture, and talent needs.
- Build a Team. Mentor consultants, project managers and operations team. Give and receive feedback – performance improvement and appreciative feedback.
- Actively contribute to the team by sharing best practices and continuously developing yourself and team.
- Partner with clients to define strategic objectives and talent development/succession planning needs.
- Design leadership development solutions and develop high impact instructional design materials (workbooks, slides, facilitator guides, ppt’s).
- Deliver leadership development programs for Catapult clients. This will include in depth client engagement, program facilitation, coaching, and relationship management.
- Be able to deliver using multiple methods—including large and small group facilitation, virtual instructor-led sessions, assessment debriefs, and individual coaching sessions. Seamlessly partner with Catapult co-facilitators and integrate speakers and outside experts.
- Currently, some work is done virtually using various platforms (e.g., Microsoft Teams and/or Zoom and our own virtual learning platform). In the future, when corporate travel resumes, typical programs may include residential 1-4 day programs with 15-40 participants. Locations are diverse and client dependent.
WHAT IT TAKES: RELATIONSHIP BUILDER WITH AN ENTREPRENEURIAL MINDSET
Our Leadership Development engagements are tailored from start to finish to ensure we have a full understanding of our client’s vision, culture, and leadership needs. Our approach enables us to design the right combination of solutions to ensure our clients achieve meaningful results. This expertise and insight will be needed to effectively engage and build rapport with Catapult’s current clients, as well as actively source new opportunities and clients. In order to lead in this capacity, the VP will need to be a highly personable, client focused professional and be responsible for:
- Creating trusting, collaborative relationships with clients by managing needs, expectations, and the environment, as well as asking for feedback when appropriate.
- Looking for ways to build new client relationships e.g., active networking, asking for referrals, partnering across Catapult lines of business. Leverage insights to define, recommend, and /or co-create strategic solutions for the clients.
- Contributing to new business development focusing on identifying new client opportunities, structuring the solution, pricing, and establishing oneself as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Leadership Development with internal colleagues and external clients.
- Contributing to winning profitable business through proposal writing, pricing, shaping opportunities, pitch preparation and spotting opportunities in clients. Assess the needs of large/complex clients, designing and delivering solutions to meet their needs.
- Developing client accounts and generating new business through client leads, referrals, and various forms of marketing.
- Scaling Catapult’s leadership development business to effectively support the firm’s strategic and growth initiatives now and in the future.
- Staying up to date on the market, best practices and business trends, while actively delivering research, writing, and public speaking, in order to effectively position Catapult as a thought leader who provides “best in class” talent development solutions.
WHAT IT TAKES: STRATEGIC LEADER WITH A COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE
The VP of Leadership Development will be a strategic leader with a commitment to excellence. By engaging in strategic planning, cross-collaboration, and business integration initiatives to further grow Catapult’s business, team, and market reach, the VP will:
- Provide initiative, leadership, and vision in planning, development, and implementation of Catapult’s leadership development strategy and objectives.
- Develop, manage, and deliver work at the highest level of quality.
- Be a systems thinker who is goal driven and solutions-oriented.
- Collaborate with Catapult’s team of consultants to lead courageously, champion new initiatives, push for needed changes, anticipate and solve problems, and be a team player.
- Grow and manage knowledge of engagement economics to ensure accurate scope, margin, and profitability of work.
- Partner with internal functions to resource delivery talent, track profitability, and ensure high quality delivery.
- Apply operational discipline to all aspects of sales and delivery using internal systems and reporting.
- Be dedicated to shared and measurable goals.
At Catapult, we are a collaborative team of consultants who work to ensure our clients achieve results. Catapult is a dynamic entrepreneurial organization where strong relationships are valued, creativity is essential and fun is a priority. Our learning culture ensures our team is passionate, kind, energetic, innovative, challenged, and empowered. The successful candidate will bring the following key competencies to this role:
- Inspirational Leader with high EQ
- Strong relationship management skills
- Proficient in coaching and developing others
- Ability to influence others while creating followership
- Is approachable and relatable
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Focuses on the customer, both internal and external
- Drives innovation while understanding ROI and action planning
- Demonstrates integrity and respects others
- Infuses accountability within the organization
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Superior problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Has courage and conviction with an ability to take risks
- Has intellectual curiosity
- Demonstrates executive presence and confidence
- Ability to respectfully challenge the organization
General Education, Experience & Other Qualities
- Relevant advanced degree (e.g., Masters, Doctorate or equivalent) preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience in a top tier professional services firm and/or an internal function at a senior leadership or executive level.
- Experience with the leadership and organizational issues faced by business leaders, with ability to engage as a peer and act as a trusted advisor to be able to place proposed services in their business situation or context.
- Experience in business development and expansion of business networks.
Leadership Development Solution Specific Qualifications
- Expertise in the following delivery areas: instructional design, program facilitation, and executive coaching. For coaches, ICF credential preferred.
- Experience conducting a needs analysis and then designing talent management, assessment, and LD solutions to achieve the desired organizational objectives/needs.
- Knowledgeable about talent management, leadership development, and assessment trends and best practices for designing high impact solutions.
Wednesday, October 6, 2021