Vice President of Executive Search
- Buffalo, NY
Founded in 2013 by Co-Presidents Marsha Koelmel and Siobhan Smith, Catapult is a team of professionals who work with leaders and organizations to develop and deliver consulting services in the areas of Leadership & Organizational Development, Executive Coaching and Retained Executive Search.
Catapult is deliberately a team versus a network of consultants. We believe a team of colleagues connected by a common purpose, shared aspirations, aligned values, with a strong culture of support, respect, and commitment will deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients and provide the most rewarding work experience.
To further grow our team and business, we are seeking a Vice President of Executive Search. This individual will partner with our team to lead and support our Executive Search line of business.
We are not your traditional search firm, so we are not looking for your traditional recruiting leader. This opportunity calls for a leader who has the experience, drive, and ambition to further grow a search business, with the passion, commitment, and strategic mindset to truly engage with clients and a desire to be a part of a high performing team of consultants who work collaboratively across all client engagements.
With Catapult’s existing track record of success and a highly satisfied client-base, the successful candidate will embrace our holistic and high-touch search process, take ownership of further cultivating relationships with our current client and candidate base, and actively seek out new clients and candidates for future opportunities.
VISION, MISSION & VALUES
A world where organizations are places in which all people belong, feel valued and create true, lasting, meaningful impact on the organizations and communities in which they work and live.
We create customized solutions that align strategy, leadership, and culture to position our clients to achieve meaningful results.
- Listen and understand - Be open minded, present, and seek to understand.
- Innovate and create - Challenge the norm and embrace creative solutions.
- Lead with strengths - Know your strengths and those of the team and find opportunities to use and develop them.
- Care deeply - Believe in Catapult’s vision and mission and commit fully to the client and their desired outcome.
- Deliver meaningful results - Deliver results that achieve your client’s desired objectives. Challenge yourself to think critically and bring ideas and solutions forward to the client and the team.
WHAT IT TAKES: EXECUTIVE SEARCH EXPERT & TEAM LEADER
The VP of Executive Search will be a seasoned search professional with experience both actively leading executive level searches and managing a team of recruiters and support staff. As Catapult’s VP of Executive Search, the successful candidate will:
- Lead all aspects of Catapult’s Executive Search line of business, including understanding client’s business, culture, and talent needs.
- Build a Team. Mentor consultants, give and receive feedback – performance improvement and appreciative feedback.
- Actively contribute to the team by sharing best practices and practicing continuous development.
- Lead all aspects of an executive search process including understanding client’s business, culture, and talent acquisition needs.
- Partner with clients to define strategic objectives and hiring needs.
- Analyze hiring needs, determining best recruiting methods, and creating/deploying client-specific and/or role-specific recruiting strategies.
- Conduct original research and outline a customized sourcing strategy for each search.
- Screen and interview candidates to evaluate their qualifications, critical competencies and fit for each role.
- Conduct data-driven assessments on final candidates for further insights on their competency and fit for the role.
- Effectively facilitate and navigate the dynamics of the Search Committee (C-Suite teams, Boards, etc.).
WHAT IT TAKES: RELATIONSHIP BUILDER WITH AN ENTREPRENEURIAL MINDSET
Our Executive Search engagements are tailored from start to finish to ensure we have a full understanding of our client’s vision, culture, and leadership needs to better enable us to find the right combination of skills, experience, and fit in their next leader. This expertise and insight will be needed to effectively engage in our search process with candidates and existing clients, as well as actively source new opportunities and clients. In order to lead in this capacity, the VP will need to be a highly personable, client focused professional and be responsible for:
- Providing consultative guidance and advice on recruitment best practices including interviewing and candidate evaluation best practices.
- Managing and building relationships with candidates through each phase of the interview process.
- Maintain open lines of communication between candidates and the client.
- Provide timely and transparent feedback to candidates throughout the search process.
- Developing client accounts and generating new business through candidate/client leads, referrals, and various forms of marketing.
- Scaling Catapult’s executive search business to effectively support the firm’s strategic and growth initiatives now and in the future.
- Staying up to date on the market and business trends in order to effectively pivot Catapult’s search services to meet the needs of potential clients and ensure Catapult’s provides “best in class” executive search services.
WHAT IT TAKES: STRATEGIC LEADER WITH A COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE
The VP of Executive Search will be a strategic leader with a commitment to excellence. By engaging in strategic planning, cross-collaboration, and business integration initiatives to further grow Catapult’s business, team, and market reach, the VP of Executive Search will:
- Provide initiative, leadership, and vision in planning, development and implementation of Catapult’s executive search strategy and objectives.
- Be a systems thinker who is goal driven and solutions-oriented.
- Collaborate with Catapult’s team of consultants to lead courageously, champion new initiatives, push for needed changes, anticipate and solve problems, and be a team player.
- Understand the dynamics of the local, regional, and national environments, and uses this knowledge to meet the needs of our clients.
- Inspire innovation and motivate a cohesive, effective search team to problem solve.
- Be dedicated to shared and measurable goals.
- Plan, monitor, and evaluate the firm’s executive search line of business in order to maintain a high level of effectiveness and responsiveness to client’s executive search and leadership needs.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7- 10 years’ experience in a senior leadership role,.
- 5+ years of experience as a full life-cycle recruiter with experience to include business development, developing search strategies and client/candidate management.
- Must demonstrate a high level of intellectual curiosity and desire to explore new ideas and innovative approaches to solving problems.
- Strong business acumen and ability to quickly learn about different business environments and cultures by asking the right questions.
- Consultative mindset and ability to anticipate client needs.
- Exceptional customer service focus, including attention to producing quality results.
- Exceptional interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills and ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to manage various recruitment projects simultaneously.
- Prior experience evaluating candidates at the C-Suite level.
- Prior experience in an executive recruiting firm beneficial.
Wednesday, October 6, 2021