Model Based Systems Engineer
- Annapolis, MD
Model Based Systems Engineer
Ardalyst - Annapolis, MD
Ardalyst is a digital risk management company that helps organizations thrive in the digital world by replacing uncertainty with understanding. We bring decades of experience and expertise in cyber operations, cyber resiliency engineering, and line of business applications and development. We believe in a threat-based approach to cybersecurity and defense and help solve our customers challenges by aligning threat with traditional business operations.
We are looking for someone with a passion for modeling organizations and systems and wants to build the future. Is that you?
Ardalyst is a mashup of Ardent, meaning “passionate” and Catalyst, meaning “change agent.” To be an Ardalyst means to be passionate about creating and sustaining meaningful transformations. Ardalysts come from a wide variety of backgrounds and share a few additional behaviors in common, such as being curious, trustworthy, and accountable.
We take pride in our ability and desire to mentor. You will join our existing team of extremely talented developers, analysts, operators, and consultants with a unique opportunity to grow and advance your career at a pace that is rarely achievable outside of this environment. We are open to a wide range of candidates that have some combination of the knowledge, skills and abilities below. We hope to find someone that has a passion for our mission and is looking for the right opportunity to grow professionally in a company like ours.
You will work primarily from our Annapolis, MD office. You may work remotely at times.
- Use systems models to assess the impact of proposed changes on component or constituent systems
- Provide model-based analysis and recommendations for capability modernization and investment decisions
- Enable automated process and data integration across a system or organization through model-based processes, methods, artifacts, tools, and analysis
- 5 to 8 years of experience in developing and evolving enterprise information environments through the practical application of systems architecting and systems engineering best practices.
- B.S. in Systems Engineering, Operations Research, Operations Management Information Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, Physics or other related technical discipline, with a minimum of 2 years relevant focused experience applying Systems Engineering and Architecture, preferably on DoD programs.
- Experience reporting on capabilities and options through the lens of architecture and engineering analysis delivered in a standardized way through model-based approaches.
- Experience planning, designing and performing systems analysis and development tasks to improve workflow and operating efficiencies.
- Experience with architecture frameworks, such as DoDAF, UAF, and TOGAF
- Experience in DoD joint operational exercises.
- Experience with Systems Modeling Language (SysML).
- Experience with No Magic MagicDraw.
- Experience in supporting experimentation and exercise of capabilities during Joint exercises.
- Pitches in wherever they can help and comfortable both in a team and flying solo
- Embraces the challenge and opportunity of joining a company on the ground floor and growing with us!
Candidates must be a US Citizen and must be able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance.
- Bonus Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, as well as, Short Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Monetary assistance with training and certifications
You can find out more about us at www.ardalyst.com.
Monday, December 10, 2018