Site Safety Supervisor – Southeast
- Southeast, USA
The Site Safety Supervisor will support the Project Staff and the Clayco safety team in an effort to execute corporate safety and health standards and procedures in compliance with Federal, State, and Local requirements. Your responsibilities will be all encompassing for each project you will be dedicated to.
The Specifics of the Role
- Develop a zero injury safety culture on each project
- Conduct weekly documented jobsite safety inspections
- Direct orientations for all new project workers
- Assist with and review subcontractor daily pre-task safety analysis
- Identify project trends and execute proactive safety initiatives to eliminate incidents
- Report all incidents in an effective and timely manner
- B.S. in Safety and Health or equivalent experience
- Zero to 5 years of safety experience or combination of education/multiple years experience in building construction, with a working knowledge of safety/environment principles and techniques.
- 1-2 years of field experience required
- OSHA 30 hour construction accreditation
- OSHA 500 Outreach Trainer is a plus
- Computer skills with familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work at heights, able to climb ladders, access/inspect scaffolding and roof areas.
- Noise level is usually moderate to very loud.
Some things you should know
- To serve our Clients in the Southeast Region of the country – some travel will be required
- No other builder can offer the collaborative design-build approach that Clayco does
- We work on creative, complex, award-winning, high profile jobs
- The pace is fast
Clayco is a full-service, turnkey real estate development, master planning, architecture, engineering and construction firm that safely delivers clients across North America the highest quality solutions on time, on budget, and above and beyond expectations. With $4.9 billion in revenue for 2021, Clayco specializes in the "art and science of building," providing fast track, efficient solutions for industrial, commercial, institutional and residential related building projects.
Best Places to Work – Crain’s Chicago Business, St. Louis Business Journal
ENR – Top Midwest Contractors (#1), Top Design Build Contractors (#4), Top 400 Contractors (#24)