Structural BIM Technician
- Saint Louis, MO
Our Structural BIM Technician determine how to best convey structural requirements to the construction team through traditional 2D paper deliverables and/or BIM 3D Revit models. They are much more than drafters picking up red marks. You will be an integral member of the design team, using strong communication and interpersonal skills to work closely with Structural Engineers, other disciplines, and construction trade partners. As part of this team, you will develop design concepts, create the model from scratch, and coordinate designs using clash detection tools to resolve both real and modeled conflicts.
- Creates families and fully utilizes the live functions available in the platform to maintain intelligent designs.
- Creates conceptual structural models based on verbal direction or rough sketches from engineers or other designers. Incorporates standard notes and details for use in the construction documents.
- Manages and incorporates electronic redlines from the Structural Engineer using established workflows.
- Takes complete ownership of their portion of the structural scope, reliably working to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
- Highly proficient in checking own work and coordinating work with related disciplines to avoid clashes.
- Able to mentor junior designers by assisting with finding answers to technical questions and concerns.
- Proactive in advancing workflows, systems, and tools within their own discipline, including design automation skills. Embraces emerging technologies.
- Highly focused on quality, ensuring conformance with established structural standards, project standards, and project delivery processes.
- Able to provide quality reviews of models and documents prepared by others to assure design and project standards are met.
- Associate’s degree (AA) Degree in Computer Aided Drafting and Design or similar technical degree.
- Ability to lead drawing production for multi-discipline and multi office projects
- Trained in Autodesk Autocad & Revit
- At least 4 years of Revit/BIM experience
- Motivated and Self Starter / Pays attention to detail and willing to learn other disciplines if needed.
- Experience doing Architectural / Structural design in 3D modeling software such as Autodesk Revit
- Advance Autodesk Revit for Content creation (families/blocks/dynamic)
- Structural design/detailing experience
- Good communicator.
- Team oriented attitude.
Some things you should know
- This position is based in St. Louis, MO
- We work on creative, complex, award-winning, high profile jobs
- Face-paced atmosphere
Clayco is a full-service, turnkey real estate development, master planning, architecture, engineering and construction firm that safely delivers clients across North America the highest quality solutions on time, on budget, and above and beyond expectations. With $4.9 billion in revenue for 2021, Clayco specializes in the "art and science of building," providing fast track, efficient solutions for industrial, commercial, institutional and residential related building projects.
Best Places to Work – Crain’s Chicago Business, St. Louis Business Journal
ENR – Top Midwest Contractors (#1), Top Design Build Contractors (#4), Top 400 Contractors (#24)