Steel Project Coordinator
- Phoenix, AZ
This position will assist in managing the flow of technical information between the Steel Project Management team, customers, subcontractors and vendors, while developing critical relationships with internal and external clients, through verbal and written communication. This position will collaborate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are executed smoothly.
Specifics of the Role:
- Coordinate resolution of discrepancies and/or missing information with customers and design teams
- Coordinate project sequencing and job setup
- Provide technical instructions and guidance to steel detailers in preparing shop drawings per project requirements and standards
- Monitor project schedules regarding submittals, approvals, and shop fabrication releases. Identify and communicate possible delays or problems to project management team
- Organize detailing RFI process through formal RFI to customer and informal RFI’s with the engineer, architect, and general contractor. Facilitates and fulfills other documentation efforts and duties
- Distribute and route drawings
- Maintain daily communication with Project Team on progress of areas of responsibility
- Assist the Project Team in achieving successful project results
- Serve as a direct link between Project Managers, Estimators, and the Detailers
- Knowledge of contract drawings and trade specific drawings
- Responsible for participation in site visits to collaborate with project teams on design needs and direction.
- May occasionally travel to fabrication shops and provide in-shop fabrication coordination through duration of the projects
- Obtain bids from material suppliers and subcontractors
- Performs material takeoffs to assist verify bill of materials are accurate
- Perform other duties as required
- 3+ years’ experience as a Project Coordinator or Project Engineer
- Knowledge and understanding of building construction
- Ability to understand construction drawings and specifications
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to operate in a detail-oriented, fast paced, pro-active environment
- Microsoft Office Suite
Clayco leverages its current and past relationships to ensure best overall pricing and product availability. Clayco’s Consolidated Distribution Company (CDC) offers benefits to make buying more competitive and reducing project costs for owners.
CDC negotiates with major national brands and leading global manufacturers to ensure market competitive pricing, effective planning, cutting-edge design, technical and logistic support. We look at strategic sourcing opportunities in construction equipment, architectural materials, interior finishes, fixtures and furnishings.
One of the greatest advantages is the opportunity for mass purchasing scopes of work, products and materials. This becomes a challenge with several project components, a challenge Clayco is accustomed to solving creatively. CDC provides integrated design strategy and purchase power to projects and clients internally and externally.
Best Places to Work – Crain’s Chicago Business, St. Louis Business Journal
ENR – Top Midwest Contractors (#1), Top Design Build Contractors (#4), Top 400 Contractors (#16)