Senior Site Safety Supervisor - Southeast
- Southeast, USA
The Senior Site Safety Supervisor will provide support to the Project Staff and the Clayco safety team in an effort to execute corporate safety and health standards and procedures in compliance with Federal, State, and Local requirements. In addition to your project responsibilities, you shall participate in and complete all assignments designated to you. This will include, but is not limited to, assisting in development of a zero injury safety culture on each project, conducting at least weekly documented jobsite safety inspections, effectively communicate orientations for all new project workers, assist with and review subcontractor daily pre-task safety analysis, actively promote and participate in daily stretch and flex program, identify project trends and execute proactive safety initiatives to eliminate incidents, support corporate goals and initiatives, emphasize and support proactive safety such as near miss/hazard reporting, coach and recognize workers on safe work methods, report all incidents in an effective and timely manner following established protocols and be a champion in motivating workers to perform their jobs safely! Your responsibilities will be all encompassing for each project you will be dedicated to.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in development of the project safety program.
- Establish and conduct jobsite orientation for new project employees. Administer and record their participation in the orientation program and issue identification to those employees completing the orientation program.
- Attend all initial meetings with the project staff and subcontractor representatives to clearly define their role within the confines of the project safety program.
- Conduct and document pre-planning safety meetings with each subcontractor representatives to establish safety procedures prior to subcontractor’s activity on site.
- Field tasks solo on a project Up to $80M
- Client interfacing
- Assisting Site Manager
- Establish and conduct regular (weekly) safety meetings with subcontractor representatives and with project staff to ensure proper compliance.
- Facilitate training for site personnel and ensure that standards are per the OSHA\Clayco and in compliance with Federal and State standards.
- Ensure and maintain a log of each subcontractor toolbox safety meeting.
- Review each subcontractors safety program and ensure that it meets or exceeds the project safety program requirements.
- Ensure that each subcontractor designates a safety representative that is properly trained in subcontractor’s scope of work and has the proper authority to correct safety issues.
- Conduct regular daily and weekly jobsite inspections and complete the safety checklist noting safety violations and corrective actions.
- Record, notify and prepare written report of any violations or unsafe practices to subcontractors for immediate correction actions.
- Stop at once any violation or unsafe acts or practices.
- Assist the Project Superintendent in establishing and implementing proper fire prevention, evacuation and fire control procedures.
- Investigate all incidents and generate proper reports.
- Establish and maintain all required safety records.
- Conduct a monthly overview safety meeting and attend project staff meetings to brief on safety issues.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- B.S. in Safety and Health or equivalent
- 7 to 10 years of safety experience or combination of education/multiple years experience in building construction, with a working knowledge of safety/environment principles and techniques.
- 4-5 years of field experience minimum
- OSHA 30 hour construction accreditation
- OSHA 500 Outreach Trainer is a plus
- Computer skills with familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work at heights, able to climb ladders, access/inspect scaffolding and roof areas.
- Noise level is usually moderate to very loud.
Some things you should know
- To serve our Clients in the Southeast Region of the country – some travel will be required
- No other builder can offer the collaborative design-build approach that Clayco does
- We work on creative, complex, award-winning, high profile jobs
Clayco is a full-service, turnkey real estate development, master planning, architecture, engineering and construction firm that safely delivers clients across North America the highest quality solutions on time, on budget, and above and beyond expectations. With $4.9 billion in revenue for 2021, Clayco specializes in the "art and science of building," providing fast track, efficient solutions for industrial, commercial, institutional and residential related building projects.
Best Places to Work – Crain’s Chicago Business, St. Louis Business Journal
ENR – Top Midwest Contractors (#1), Top Design Build Contractors (#4), Top 400 Contractors (#24)