Creative & Proposal Manager
Lamar Johnson Collaborative
- Chicago, IL
Lamar Johnson Collaborative (LJC) is seeking a passionate Creative & Proposal Manager to help with bringing our extensive collection of projects to life, promoting our staff, and enhancing LJC’s overall company message. This is a full-time position in which the ideal candidate understands the importance of meeting market leaders’ expectations and company goals from a branding and storytelling perspective. We are looking for someone who shares our passion for creativity yet can help us tell our stories visually. The position will be based out of Chicago office.
- Develop content, organize, coordinate, and work with professional teams across a variety of market sectors to produce and deliver qualifications, proposal responses and presentations that meet the project specific requirements.
- Collaborate with marketing staff and leadership to produce visual and graphic assets for qualification packages, brochures, proposal responses and presentations, including but not limited to charts, graphs, schedules, infographics, page layout, social media, case studies and awards.
- Proof and update pages, graphics and layout relating to the brand standards in proposals, qualifications, and interview decks.
- Work with Marketing and internal teams to design marketing collateral to support special projects, for example, social media graphics, events and conference materials, award submissions, etc.
- Participate in maintaining up-to-date firm marketing materials for past and ongoing projects, including but not limited to website content, standard collateral (e.g., resumes, project pages), social media posts, and more
- Work closely with LJC’s technical staff to create compelling collateral that set our projects and firm apart from the competition.
- Collaborate with Marketing Department to establish and refresh LJC’s brand templates
- Manage multiple projects with varying timelines.
- Interpret concepts into thoughtful and compelling diagrams.
- BA or Associates Degree in Communications, Marketing, Design, Graphic Design or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in publishing clean, professional marketing materials.
- Proven experience as a copywriter or related role.
- Excellent graphic design skills.
- Background in Architecture is a plus
- Experience with an architecture or construction firm submitting marketing RFP responses is a bonus.
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign) and PowerPoint knowledge.
- Graphic knowledge in layouts, typography and marketing design language.
- Collaborative and proactive personality.
- Conscientious problem solver.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Knowledge of the Architecture industry.
- Experience in the AEC industry Marketing Department.
- Experience with corporate graphics and implementing and maintaining company brand standards.
- Competitive salary and compensation
- 401K and profit-sharing plans
- A full complement of employee benefits, including health, dental and vision plans; flexible spending accounts; life insurance; disability coverage; and employee assistance programming
LJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Lamar Johnson Collaborative, Inc.