Senior Sustainability Manager
- Saint Louis, MO, United States
The Specifics of the Role:
- Provide leadership in Business Development and access to project opportunities to pursue Sustainable master planning efforts for large corporate, higher Education, Industrial, and Healthcare facilities.
- Provide leadership with design team with MEP focused solutions that push the efforts of LJC and the Clayco organization further into sustainable project solutions.
- Collaborate with Pre-construction and estimating as a subject matter expert finding sustainable value drive solutions to our clients’ needs
- Participate in business development opportunities across the enterprise as a subject matter expert with a track record of executing sustainable solutions to projects and infrastructure
- Mentor members of the team on topics related to sustainable MEP systems for design considerations.
- Work with the design and construction team to lead sustainability deliverables ranging from carbon tracking to LEED, Well and targeted Energy use index design goals.
- Collaborate with MEP design build subcontractors and consulting engineers
- Grow the Sustainable footprint and opportunities for consulting services with 3rd party (non – Clayco) opportunities to be a tip of spear for services within the enterprise.
- Be a known leader in the market regionally and nationally with speaking, white papers, and technical leadership.
- Travel as required to support projects and clients for project specific meetings
- LEED and/or WELL AP, experience working on or managing LEED and WELL projects preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Superior time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, InDesign and Revit
- Experience with embodied carbon modeling, EC3 preferred.
- Familiar with Building Transparency’s Embodied Carbon in Construction Tool (EC3) is preferred
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year college/university
- 5+ years of experience
Clayco is a full-service, turnkey real estate development, master planning, architecture, engineering and construction firm that safely delivers clients across North America the highest quality solutions on time, on budget, and above and beyond expectations. With $4.9 billion in revenue for 2021, Clayco specializes in the "art and science of building," providing fast track, efficient solutions for industrial, commercial, institutional and residential related building projects.
Best Places to Work – Crain’s Chicago Business, St. Louis Business Journal
ENR – Top Midwest Contractors (#1), Top Design Build Contractors (#4), Top 400 Contractors (#16)