Senior Commercial Business Development / Market Leader
Lamar Johnson Collaborative
- Saint Louis, MO
The Senior Commercial Business Developer / Market Leader will be responsible for overseeing the successful execution of multiple projects within the Commercial group as the “executive in charge”. Success will be measured by winning the business and keeping our clients happy, while ensuring our projects maintain schedule, budget, and the industry leading level of safety we demand.
This person is a leader, currently employed, and is capable of working on large and complex projects. This is a driven, entrepreneurial individual with Commercial and Interiors expertise. This is a mentor and communicator, looking to truly establish his or her career, by successfully leading teams of professionals and developing future leaders and future business at LJC.
- Work with business unit leader to develop and implement Lamar Johnson Collaborative Commercial Business Plan.
- Actively contribute to LJC’s commercial business development efforts, including, networking, attending industry events, and targeted marketing.
- Lead the LJC team in the RFQ/RFP response effort. This includes complete oversight of pursuit strategy creation and execution, design management, marketing communication, legal contract review, and the client presentation.
- Contract, scope, and deal negotiation with the owner. Overall responsibility for complete knowledge and administration of the Owner contract.
- Manage client relationships throughout the delivery process – leading to repeat business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in architecture or related field
- 15+ years of relevant experience in architecture, design, and interiors
- Competitive nature/drive, looking to tackle extremely difficult challenges and find a way to succeed through any circumstance.
- Excellent Soft Skills – one who listens well, and can quickly assess different personalities and situations, and effectively implement a management style for each challenge.
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, delivers presentations in a manner that reflects well on behalf of Lamar Jonson Collaborative
- Thinks creatively, using limited information to develop potential solutions, communicate and sell to an internal or external team, build consensus and support, and oversee the execution of a plan.
- Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
- Plans for and uses resources efficiently.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy, in a drive to ensure a complete understanding of scope.
- Establishes project goals, milestones, and procedures, defines roles and responsibilities, acquires project resources, coordinates projects throughout a company, monitors project progress, and oversees multiple projects and client relationships.
- Inspires and stimulates the best efforts of subordinates in the accomplishment of identified goals.
- Understanding of customer decision drivers in project selection and team selection.
- Business development experience
- Competitive salary and compensation
- 401K and profit-sharing plans
- A full complement of employee benefits, including health, dental and vision plans; flexible spending accounts; life insurance; disability coverage; and employee assistance programming
LJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Lamar Johnson Collaborative, Inc.
LJC is a growing architecture, design and planning firm committed to creating and delivering design solutions that improve and enhance the human experience of the built environment. Youthful in outlook, seasoned in experience, LJC offers a diverse portfolio of expertise across a range of project scales and typologies, including commercial, mixed use and residential. We believe our work is a fundamental expression of optimism in the future, and that design is a means to effect positive, enduring change.