Medical Planner, Healthcare
Lamar Johnson Collaborative
- Chicago, IL
As a Medical Planner, you are responsible for leading the medical planning effort toward the successful completion of complex healthcare facilities; master planning, design and medical planning. You will be responsible for communicating with clients / user groups to understand the project requirements.
- Provide medical planning expertise to other team members and the firm-wide healthcare practice.
- Participates in user groups (heads of departments, specialists, etc.) to collect program needs for healthcare facilities and assist with technical aspects of the meeting.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of clients’ program requirements and standards and policies for completion.
- Provides technical knowledge in the design and planning of various-sized medical and healthcare facilities.
- Develops architectural drawings to communicate planning concepts for project documentation and construction.
- Anticipates and develops solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
- Communicates planning concepts to project teams, both verbally and through graphic and written reports.
- Actively seeks new knowledge in the design and planning of medical and healthcare facilities.
- May lead periodical project meetings and presentations; ensure client is adequately briefed on project progress.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Assists in developing project scope, plan, and services and during the contract process. Translates planning concepts into comprehensible terms for clients, designers and project team members.
- Assists in the design development, modification and/or review of medical planning concepts and solutions.
- Assists in establishing overall project budgets and milestone schedules in coordination with project managers, architect and project engineers.
- Coordinate with various consultants to implement medical planning
- Assist in the development of standard materials that describe the portfolio, systems, processes and people of the Healthcare Group.
- Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or equivalent in education or experience required and healthcare design certification preferred. Master’s degree preferred.
- Up to 5 years’ prior experience focused on a variety of healthcare projects - full new facilities, additions, renovations, departments with some large-scale, complex healthcare projects required.
- Architecture license preferred.
- Demonstrated creativity, passion and interest in design and planning of healthcare facilities.
- Advanced knowledge of progressive technical and regulatory requirements for healthcare facilities design and understanding of fundamental departmental organization and functionality.
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare delivery systems and how design impacts those systems – public/private space, adjacencies, staff and patient flow, support functions, central plant, etc.
- Proficiency in Revit.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing; ability to convey medical planning needs to designers and other team members.
- Competitive salary and compensation
- 401K and profit-sharing plans
- A full complement of employee benefits, including health, dental and vision plans; flexible spending accounts; life insurance; disability coverage; and employee assistance programming
LJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Lamar Johnson Collaborative, Inc.
LJC is a growing architecture, design and planning firm committed to creating and delivering design solutions that improve and enhance the human experience of the built environment. Youthful in outlook, seasoned in experience, LJC offers a diverse portfolio of expertise across a range of project scales and typologies, including commercial, mixed use and residential. We believe our work is a fundamental expression of optimism in the future, and that design is a means to effect positive, enduring change.