Preconstruction Manager -Greenville
- Greenville, SC
The Preconstruction Manager will have a significant role in our preconstruction team. In this role you will be responsible for high level management of design-build project pursuits and preconstruction efforts across business units. You will work collaboratively with the VP of Preconstruction and other Preconstruction team members. You will provide preconstruction services and expertise across all Business Units, working with Business Unit Leaders, Project Executives, and Senior Management.
The Specifics of the Role
- Work with Business Unit Leaders (Institutional, Industrial, Residential/Hospitality, Commercial) and Project Executives to identify projects to pursue
- Lead specific project scope and prepare accurate proposals
- Prepare conceptual estimates
- Develop scope of work for each trade
- Review scopes with subcontractors
- Participate in subcontractor selection process
- Prepare final estimates for owner presentation
- Present to clients and owners
- Review construction schedules
- Review construction documents for value engineering
- Prepare and price the value engineering items
- Train and mentor junior estimating staff
- Maintain master subcontractor/vendor lists by trade
- Assist project managers in negotiation of contracts, change orders, etc.
- Maintain and develop historical data for unit pricing
- Develop general conditions for review with project management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related
- 7+ years of estimating commercial construction projects ($10+ million)
- Capability to assist in the lead of project pursuits in multiple market sectors including Commercial, Industrial, Healthcare, Institutional, and Residential
- Demonstrated knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, market conditions, and trade practices
- Knowledge of estimating and quantity takeoff software
- Experience leading Preconstruction meetings
- Previous supervisory experience managing and mentoring junior staff
Some things you should know
- This position is based in Greenville, NC
- Our clients and projects are nationwide. The broader your knowledge of materials and labor costs, the better.
- No other builder can offer the collaborative design-build approach that Clayco does
- The right person for this role is a problem solver who can visualize and conceptualize to find best solutions for clients.
- We work on creative, complex, award-winning, high profile jobs
- The pace is fast
Clayco is a full-service, turnkey real estate development, master planning, architecture, engineering and construction firm that safely delivers clients across North America the highest quality solutions on time, on budget, and above and beyond expectations. With $4.9 billion in revenue for 2021, Clayco specializes in the "art and science of building," providing fast track, efficient solutions for industrial, commercial, institutional and residential related building projects.
Best Places to Work – Crain’s Chicago Business, St. Louis Business Journal
ENR – Top Midwest Contractors (#1), Top Design Build Contractors (#4), Top 400 Contractors (#16)