Real Estate Legal Assistant
- Saint Louis, MO
The Role We Want You For:
The Real Estate Legal Assistant is responsible for the administrative and transactional workflow relating primarily to the real estate legal department of CRG to perform a wide variety of specialized and administrative functions. The ideal candidate for the Administrative Assistant role will be self-motivated, highly collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The Specifics of the Role:
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the Clayco/CRG legal protocol
- Provide general administrative support to general counsels and staff attorneys for CRG
- Assist with document edits and revisions, running redlines and proofreading
- Prepare file/internal project openings
- Enter time on behalf of assigned timekeepers and submit expense reports
- Coordinate travel arrangements: booking flights, arranging applicable transportation, lodging and meeting accommodations, when necessary
- Manage complex calendars, schedule meetings, video conferences and conference calls
- Assist with visitors for in-person meetings/events
- Manage copy/print jobs that will entail high volume output, binding and distribution to relevant recipients
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail as well as preparing outgoing mail and other correspondence.
- Handle a high volume of confidential and sensitive information with the utmost professionalism and maintain confidentiality of all information
- Assist with closings and organization of documents and signature pages
- Note that the core responsibilities for this role require a general understanding of commercial real estate transactions. Please only apply to this role if you have experience in commercial real estate.
- 5+ years of relevant legal assistance experience, preferably in real estate, at a law firm or commercial real estate development firm environment required, with working knowledge of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong judgment and the ability to anticipate critical needs
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to prioritize and provide exceptional service to both internal and external clients.
- Ability to function under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take direction, set priorities and multi-task to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, decisive, capable of working independently and autonomously, with a sense of urgency about the work to be performed
- Professional presence; ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Team player, ready to assist in any role, attentive to the needs of others
- Flexible with work hours
- Highly efficient in Microsoft Office skills (including PowerPoint, emphasis on Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Familiarity with Concur encouraged but not required
- Willingness to learn new skills and keep up with the latest technology and software applications
CRG is a privately held real estate development firm that has developed more than 9,000 acres of land and delivered over 200 million square feet of commercial, industrial, institutional and multifamily assets exceeding $12 billion in value. CRG, headquartered in St. Louis, leverages a powerful North American platform with local market expertise and offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Columbus, Southern California and Philadelphia. CRG’s philosophy of developing for the future and anticipating the enhanced needs of next generation users led to the creation of its industrial brand, The Cubes, and its multifamily brand, Chapter. For more information, visit CRG’s website at www.realcrg.com.