Lamar Johnson Collaborative (LJC) is looking to hire a Senior Interior Designer to join our team in St. Louis and assume a leadership role for the firm’s interiors practice.
The ideal candidate will augment and assist LJC’s leadership team, helping it grow and expand its global presence, while seeking, finding and securing the future through contributions to project pursuits and talent recruiting. The Senior Interior Designer will be counted on to mentor and nurture the professional development of staff, as well as work across LJC disciplines and parent company Clayco’s construction and real estate arms to help our entire enterprise thrive.
• Responsible for creating the overall functional and aesthetic design and direction of projects
• May supervise fellow designers in developing design and proposal materials
• Capable of winning work and leading business development pursuits conversation
• Can be relied upon to present directly to the client on technical and design solutions
• Works closely with the project team to execute project plans and to provide direct supervision of the team's design and technical delivery
• Provide mentorship to junior staff
• Recruits and interviews potential applicants to ensure practice growth
• Responsible for developing thought leadership in interior architecture and design
• Leads discussions in the local, regional and national design community
• Represents LJC in the community and civic events
• Practices LJC’s core values of integrity, humility and fearlessness
• Contributes to LJC’s Core Councils (Culture, Integration, Practice, Process and Sustainability)
Senior Interior Designers at LJC possess:
• A bachelor's degree in architecture, interior design or a related field
• 15+ years of relevant experience in interior architecture and design, including demonstrated experience designing multiple and complex projects
• Must be a registered architect or interior designer
• LEED- and/or WELL-accreditation preferred
• Demonstrated competence with Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD/Revit and MS Office
• Exemplary written and spoken communication
• Comfort and poise presenting to external and internal audiences
• Excellent interpersonal relationship-building and colleague-coaching skills
• Proficient with client communications and relationship development
• Competitive salary and compensation
• 401K and profit-sharing plans
• A full complement of employee benefits, including health, dental and vision plans; flexible spending accounts; life insurance; disability coverage; and employee assistance programming
LJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Lamar Johnson Collaborative, Inc.
LJC is a growing architecture, design and planning firm committed to creating and delivering design solutions that improve and enhance the human experience of the built environment. Youthful in outlook, seasoned in experience, LJC offers a diverse portfolio of expertise across a range of project scales and typologies, including commercial, mixed use and residential. We believe our work is a fundamental expression of optimism in the future, and that design is a means to effect positive, enduring change.