- Chicago, IL
The Clayco Enterprise is searching for a Project Engineer Intern to work within our glass and glazing group, Ventana in Chicago, Illinois. The intern will provide support to the project staff to ensure quality and timely execution of design/build projects from design to completion. These phases include: Scheduling, subcontractor buyout, cost reporting, preparation of subcontracts, the handling of owner coordination, construction quality oversight, and project closeout.
- Participate with project team and preconstruction services in development of a Project Chart of Accounts
- Coordinate with Project Superintendent in development of a project site logistics plan
- Assist Superintendent in the management of subcontractors
- Maintain understanding of the Ventana/Owner contract
- Assist in the submittal, change order, and pay request process
- Assist in generation of project costs and Job Cost Report
- Monitor and record training of all staff personnel
- Monitor project labor
- Report and track equipment needs
- Assist in applicable safety, EEO and Affirmative Action programs
- Contribute to schedule and project close-out processes
- Must have prior internship experience in construction or related field.
- Must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited University.
- General knowledge of construction principles/practices required
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with an adaptable and flexible style in working with all types of individuals
- Experienced dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work is a plus
- Creative and results-oriented, with a strong sense of urgency
- Highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with the ability to work equally well on own as well as in a team environment
- Ability to walk the job site, climb ladders, and multi floor scaffolding
- Ability to lift objects at least 50lbs
Ventana designs, supplies, and installs high-performing curtain wall façade systems. By working closely with the design team, we can ensure a competitively priced façade that is water and air tight, and allows for optimal thermal control of the interior space. Traditionally, the façade is one of the major risk factors on any building, and the team at Ventana has a proven track record of taking the risk and delivering superior façade systems that guarantee long-term performance.