Industrial Process PM
- Birmingham, AL
As the Industrial Process Project Manager, you will provide leadership to the project staff and ensure quality and timely execution of the Industrial process equipment scope on design/build projects from design to completion. These phases include: Reviewing PO’s and Terms, scheduling and tracking material/equipment, document control, preparation of installation subcontracts, subcontractor buyout, cost control, cost reporting, handling of owner coordination, and project closeout. The Project Manager has run complex multi-million dollar projects on their own, mentors Project Engineers, Summer Construction Interns, and takes on the additional responsibilities to become a Senior Project Manager.
The Specifics of this Role
- Review PO’s & Negotiate Terms
- Expediting of Materials/Equipment
- Setup Equipment Status Tracking
- Setup Material Tracking
- Expedite deliveries to meet schedule
- Manage Design Trades
- Oversee Accountability for schedule/coordination/document control
- Contract management for installation subcontractors
- Cost control for equipment, materials, and installation
- Schedule management/input for process scopes
- Maintain thorough understanding of the Clayco/Owner contract
- Oversee the pay request process
- Monitor project costs and Job Cost Report
- Analyze and forecast quarterly Total Cost Projection reports
- Review and approve material, forming system and equipment needs
- Assist Estimating in bidding projects
- Implement applicable safety, EEO and Affirmative Action programs
- Lead the project’s quality process
- Develop, schedule and lead project close-out processes
- 5+ Years of Experience
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management or Engineering required
- Strong knowledge of construction principles/practices required
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with an adaptable and flexible style in working with all types of individuals
- Project set up, budget planning, buy out, and cost reporting experience is a must
- Creative and results-oriented, with a strong sense of urgency
- Successfully project managed projects of at least 50 million dollars (design build preferred).
- Highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with the ability to work equally well on own as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to walk the job site, climb ladders, and multi floor scaffolding.
- Ability to lift objects at least 50lbs
Some Things You Should Know:
- To serve our Clients in the Northeastern Region of the country– some travel will be required
- No other builder can offer the collaborative design-build approach that Clayco does
- We work on creative, complex, award-winning, high profile jobs
- The pace is fast
Clayco is a full-service, turnkey real estate development, master planning, architecture, engineering and construction firm that safely delivers clients across North America the highest quality solutions on time, on budget, and above and beyond expectations. With $4.7 billion in revenue for 2021, Clayco specializes in the "art and science of building," providing fast track, efficient solutions for industrial, commercial, institutional and residential related building projects.
Best Places to Work – Crain’s Chicago Business, St. Louis Business Journal
ENR – Top Midwest Contractors (#1), Top Design Build Contractors (#4), Top 400 Contractors (#16)