Landscape Architect 1 - Kansas City
Lamar Johnson Collaborative
- Kansas City, MO
Lamar Johnson Collaborative (LJC) is looking to hire a Landscape Architect 1 (0-5 years of experience) to join our Kansas City team and the office’s landscape and planning practice.
The ideal candidate will augment and assist the practice’s collaborative team, helping it grow and expand its Kansas City presence. The Landscape Architect 1 will be expected to work across LJC design disciplines and parent company Clayco’s construction and real estate arms to help our entire enterprise thrive. We’re seeking a self-motivated, team-oriented individual who works effectively with clients and colleagues from project inception to completion.
- Responsible for the delivery of a full range of landscape architecture assignments in all project phases, including proposal support, design, documentation and construction administration – ensuring a high level of quality for each
- Organizes and helps prepare for the pursuit of business development and new project commissions
- Offers creative thinking and contributes to design advancement and problem solving
- Delivers analysis, design and construction documents and presentations, while coordinating with a multidisciplinary design team
- Provides expertise and technical assistance on topics related to planning, zoning, entitlement process, environmental concerns, and engagement – responsible for helping more senior landscape architects align agendas to achieve client and community goals
- Participates actively in the local landscape architecture community
- Recruits potential applicants to ensure practice growth
- Represents LJC in the community and civic events
- Practices LJC’s core values of integrity, humility and fearlessness
Landscape Architect 1’s at LJC possess:
- A bachelor's degree or higher in landscape architecture
- 0-5 years of relevant experience in architecture, landscape architecture, planning and urban design with a keen understanding of the relationship between design and constructability
- Competence with AutoDesk (AutoCAD, Revit, Civil 3D), Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), GIS (ArcView, ArcGIS), Modeling (Rhino, SketchUp)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrable interpersonal relationship-building and colleague-coaching abilities
- Professional landscape architect (PLA) licensure (preferred)
- Competitive salary and compensation
- 401K and profit-sharing plans
- Professional licensure and registration support
- A full complement of employee benefits, including health, dental and vision plans; flexible spending accounts; life insurance; disability coverage; and employee assistance programming
LJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Lamar Johnson Collaborative, Inc.
LJC is a growing architecture, design and planning firm committed to creating and delivering design solutions that improve and enhance the human experience of the built environment. Youthful in outlook, seasoned in experience, LJC offers a diverse portfolio of expertise across a range of project scales and typologies, including commercial, mixed use and residential. We believe our work is a fundamental expression of optimism in the future, and that design is a means to effect positive, enduring change.