Clayco - Senior Quality Manager (Southwest)
- Southwest, USA
The Senior Quality Manager is responsible for the overall management, direction, implementation, and improvements of CLAYCO’S Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes and procedures on projects within their region. Senior Quality Manager has the responsibility to inform management of each project’s overall quality. Including but not limited accurately and fully reporting potential liabilities and/or concerns. Audit job sites and provide reports of the audit to the project team. Follow up on issues to ensure corrections were completed. Train site teams in the use of BIM to track issues. Help identify trends for process improvement opportunities. Train Project teams in CLAYCO’S Best Practices and Standards.
- Develop, manage, and evaluate data analytics and metrics within CLAYCO’S quality tracking software (BIM) for the quality program
- Provide monthly dashboard regarding the project quality status, additionally provides quarterly quality metrics.
- Review deviation logs
- Responsible for relevant quality communications regarding best practices, lessons learned, updates to the field, recent events, Quality Alerts, update on quality incidents and end of project value added summaries.
- Responsible for identifying, and developing training opportunities, and overseeing quality specific trainings as well as support corporate trainings.
- Assist in the hiring of quality professionals and supports their development and knowledge of our quality program.
- Participate in the development and implementation of Site-Specific Quality Plans,
- Drive knowledge use throughout the company to strengthen the links between knowledge sharing and the core processes to facilitate seamless exchange of information.
- Develop and manage data analytics for the quality program
- Manage and update quality-related project manual policies and procedures and quality-related management software.
- Support implementing the Quality Program on projects, focusing on core programs including Site Specific Quality Plans, Building Enclosure Coordination, Water Incident Prevention, Concrete/Flooring, Infection Control and MEP Programs on projects.
- Work directly with the Enterprise Quality Team on process improvement, training, and the Quality Program implementation. Provide support for respective quality teams in implementing the quality program across the enterprise
- In partnership with Regional Operations leadership, develop and coach quality to site teams.
- Perform project site evaluations
- Work with preconstruction/estimating, scheduling, virtual design and construction, business development and marketing to maintain and enhance quality related goals and objectives in all phases of the project.
- Assist with Negotiation of national contracts/master agreements with third party consultants to support the Quality program.
- Participate in/support key project pursuits as needed.
- Seek out and leverage industry quality management program best practices to continuously improve the company program.
- Membership to Professional Organizations and be an Active Committee member to those organizations. (ACI, ASTM, ASQ etc.)
Education & Certification:
Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or Industrial Technology.
Associate Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction management, Civil Engineering, Industrial Technology, or related field.
Qualifications & Certifications:
- 6+ years of progressive experience related to construction quality control.
- Proven ability to implement, and evaluate company-wide programs, processes, and initiatives as it relates to quality solutions.
- Advanced analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated history of implementing innovative ideas and effective change management initiatives through relationships and achieved buy-in.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to connect with all levels of employees.
- Ability to work with all project partners – designers, consultants, preconstruction, scheduling, management, owners, trades, and subcontractors.
- Willingness to travel within the continental United States up to 75% of the time.
- Experienced leader of people with the ability to motivate, develop and direct staff.
- Completion of the course on Construction Quality Management from USACE (US Army Corp of Engineers), OR
- Completion of the course on Construction Quality Management from NAVFAC (Naval Facilities), OR
- Completion of the course on Construction Quality Management from NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Commission).
- Hold and maintain Certification in ACI Concrete Construction Special Inspector.
- Hold and maintain ACI Concrete Field-Testing Technician Grade 1
- Hold and maintain TCA Tilt up Supervisor or Technician Certification
- Professional Certifications in all or one of the following AISC, AWS, ACI, ASQ, NFPA etc., is encouraged.
- Direct knowledge of materials, methods and the tools used in construction is required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- General knowledge of architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- General knowledge of the best management practices, values, and systems of the construction industry.
- Knowledge of Quality Management System.
- General Knowledge of quality tools such as diagrams, matrixes, plans.
- Knowledge of quality tests.
- Knowledge of quality inspections.
- Knowledge of CLAYCO’s standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of client / project-specific standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of the means and methods available to use quality tools.
- Knowledge of the organizations that provide standards and practice guidelines for quality procedures.
- General Knowledge of standard human resources procedures.
- General Knowledge of legal standards involved in employee management
- General Knowledge of industry software used in the construction industry.
- General Knowledge of proprietary software used in the construction industry.
- General Knowledge of human learning principles.
- General Knowledge of methods used to coach individuals and groups.
- Knowledge of auditing standards.
- General Knowledge of auditing practices.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and money management.
- Identify the appropriate standards and procedure to be used for a specific task.
- Create a means and methods documentation of implementing quality policy at a project level.
- Help create a means and methods documentation of implementing quality policy at organization level.
- Advise Quality Director on what means, and methods will be used on a specific project.
- Screen and interview staff.
- Help Advise staff on performance and career goals.
- Identify relevant Knowledge, Skills and Abilities in staff.
- Advise senior management on hire, promotion, and assignments.
- Assist in writing project proposal material during project acquisition stages.
- Scheduling quality program in accordance with business plan.
- Assist in writing quality policy.
- Mentor and coach staff.
- Train staff one-on-one and in groups
- Develop training materials for both face-to-face and online training.
- Audit the project team for compliance with / conformance to quality standards.
- Contribute to the content of the Superintendent meeting.
- Contribute to the content of the PM meeting
- Present at client meetings and organizations
- Present to prospective Owners on issues of quality.
- Follow-up on all commitments, goals, and priorities.
- Prioritize and delegate
- Give positive and negative feedback to staff.
- Challenge processes.
- · Supervise quality initiatives for all projects
- Time Management
- Oral communication
- Written communication
- Ability to work with others different from self
- Ability to see and hear
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time
- Confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to present in front of groups
- Ability to be self-directed, work independently and in teams
- Able to see "the big picture"
- Ability to engage both administratively and in the field
- Open to both positive and negative feedback.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with CLAYCO’S core values
- Supervise quality initiatives for multiple projects
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Continuous learning
- Consistently looking to improve processes
- Detail oriented
- Takes personal responsibility for project and organizational quality goals
Some Things You Should Know:
- To serve our Clients in the Southwest Region of the country– travel will be required
- No other builder can offer the collaborative design-build approach that Clayco does
- We work on creative, complex, award-winning, high profile jobs
- The pace is fast
Clayco is a full-service, turnkey real estate development, master planning, architecture, engineering and construction firm that safely delivers clients across North America the highest quality solutions on time, on budget, and above and beyond expectations. With $4.9 billion in revenue for 2021, Clayco specializes in the "art and science of building," providing fast track, efficient solutions for industrial, commercial, institutional and residential related building projects.
Best Places to Work – Crain’s Chicago Business, St. Louis Business Journal
ENR – Top Midwest Contractors (#1), Top Design Build Contractors (#4), Top 400 Contractors (#16)