Safety Engineer Intern
As a Safety Engineer Intern, you will support the Project Staff and the Clayco safety team in an effort to execute corporate safety and health standards and procedures in compliance with Federal, State, and Local requirements. Your responsibilities will be all encompassing for each project you will be dedicated to.
The Specifics of the Role
- Develop a zero injury safety culture on each project
- Conduct weekly documented jobsite safety inspections
- Direct orientations for all new project workers
- Assist with and review subcontractor daily pre-task safety analysis
- Identify project trends and execute proactive safety initiatives to eliminate incidents
- Report all incidents in an effective and timely manner
- Must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited University.
- General knowledge of construction principles/practices required
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with an adaptable and flexible style in working with all types of individuals
- Experienced dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work is a plus
- Creative and results-oriented, with a strong sense of urgency
- Successful internships or Safety Engineering experience on projects of at least $5 million (design build preferred) is a plus
- Highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with the ability to work equally well on own as well as in a team environment
- Very strong work ethic with the willingness to travel and/or relocate.
- Capable to walk the job site, climb ladders, and multi floor scaffolding
- Ability to lift objects at least 50lbs
Some things you should know
- In this role you will assist senior safety team members in managing construction projects
- You will be expected to provide guidance and leadership
- No other builder can offer the collaborative design-build approach that Clayco does
- We work on creative, complex, award-winning, high profile jobs
- The pace is fast
Clayco is a full-service, turnkey real estate development, master planning, architecture, engineering and construction firm that safely delivers clients across North America the highest quality solutions on time, on budget, and above and beyond expectations. With $4.9 billion in revenue for 2021, Clayco specializes in the "art and science of building," providing fast track, efficient solutions for industrial, commercial, institutional and residential related building projects.
Best Places to Work – Crain’s Chicago Business, St. Louis Business Journal
ENR – Top Midwest Contractors (#1), Top Design Build Contractors (#4), Top 400 Contractors (#16)